Torque Cars

Leaking Turbo Intake O ring

Discussion in 'Mercedes Forums' started by Randy Geriatric, 26 February 2014.

1. Randy Geriatric

Randy Geriatric Newbie

Frimley Surrey England
    Car:
    Mercedes CLS320CDI
    Hi Guys & Gals,
    My 08 CLS320CDI is dripping oil from the air intake red O ring connector. I understand this could lead to problems in the Stepping motor directly underneath. Obviously I can replace the O ring but I would prefer to do some preventative measure to reroute the leak or cancel it completely. Any ideas would be most welcome.
    Cheers,
    Randy Geriatric

2. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Is this a known issue on that model do you know buddy and is it possible that they do an upgrade "O" ring kit to prevent it from happening again?

3. Randy Geriatric

Randy Geriatric Newbie

Frimley Surrey England
    Car:
    Mercedes CLS320CDI
    Hi T 9 man,
    That equal length manifold you had made was pure art!
    Yes it is a known fault & I thank you for creating a new train of thought regarding an "upgraded version" of the O ring. In reality it is not an O ring but a red rubber sleeve (30mm long x 60mm wide) that fits over the turbo intake. I plan to fit a new one this wknd & in the process hopefully find a way of preventing further seepage of oil into the Stepping motor electrics either by sealing the wiring or diverting the flow.
    Appreciate your interest,
    Cheers,
    Randy Geriatric

4. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Can you use an intercooler silicone type hose instead??

5. T9 man

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Thank you very kindly buddy ;)

I am sure there is a modern day gismo you could use, maybe a bit of aluminium ducting and a silicon reducer with Mikalor clamps might do the trick.

6. T9 man

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Just spotted your post TCJ, you might have something there ;)