Leaking Sunroof

mozzer

Car
Clio 1.4 16v
Ive got a clio 2003 model and the sunroof leaks all the time, however when it rains it takes a while for the water to leak through the roof i thought this could be blocked drains but ive cleared them out. Ive also taken the sunroof out, dried it and sealed the outer plastic seal on the roof but it still leaks...HELPP !

yeah there is. i got a quote for it to be fixed n it was 250 quid so thought id do it myself. I tried use a standard clear sealant on the plastic seal and also on the rubber one. Must not of been substantial enough. Going to try again with something called sikaflex?

Other than that im not sure.. i cant actually find anywhere where its leaking from though.. nightmare

yeah checked it doesnt seem perished or anything though :/ The 250 quid was for 120 quid labour, the plastic seal was about 70 quid n that rubber seal your talking about was 30 quid ish.

if you dont use the sunroof then just seal the outside with a waterproof sealent ive done it befor on a friends car and worked a treat

yeah might have to do that, gona try sealing any hole or gap that doesnt need to be there with this sikaflex stuff first. Obviously wont seal the drains though that would be disastrous lol

Try Vaseline on the entire seal to glass and see what happens, it may be the seal has gone 'off' and has lost its flexibility and therefore partially compressed. Beware of Sikaflex, it is superb stuff but if not handled right it will be very messy. I have used it in the marine trade, sticks like the proverberial to a blanket!

Failing that tank tape is good! My Disco has this fix until the nice weather returns!

This seems to be a common problem with clios, mine and a friend of mine's both leak although I have absoloutly no idea where the leak in mine is coing from, i thought it was the sun roof at first but after sealing that all up it's still collecting water around the pedals and under the seat, sometimes I even have a small puddle behind the drivers seat, sent it to a garage a couple of times and they haven't got to the bottom of it yet.

I work in a renult dealer and the sn roof seal going is common problem, i would greatly suggest taking it to a dealer or a gd bodyshop, as it is a nightmare but a dealer with a bodyshop will do it with their eyes closed, but if u feel capable by all means just know it is a pain in the ass
safe

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back