Latest addition

IMG_1992.jpg IMG_1990.jpg IMG_1982.jpg Sold the Antara and the MGF as the latter was getting on and getting out was not very graceful! Plus with our first grandchild the wife needed more seats! So pooled the money together and bought two decent cars. The wife has now got an Audi A4 3.0 V6 Cabriolet S-Line, specced by myself and I have an A6 Avant which is pretty much S6 spec. Her car is better than mine! Just sold the T16 MG ZS to a fellow MG club member as needed the room. Still have the blue MK1 ZS. The S6 is a bit noisy, nice comfy ride and it's surprising how well it holds its own considering it is 18 years old! |B

Good choice! The 3.0 V6 is a lovely engine, the S6 has massive amounts of boot space - is it a quattro? If so they are pretty nimble and handle really well despite the size.

The A4 is a lovely drive, so smooth and quiet. We use that when we go out. Yes the S6 is a Quattro, handles well for a barge and surprises a few when opened up. I may need to look at the exhaust on it as it is uncomfortable when it resonates inside the cabin. It was fun at first.

Awesome, wait till you get the snow and wet, the S6 will eat it up.

A friend of mine has a very early S6 Avant with the 2.2 5 cylinder turbo engine - quite rare and I had a drive of it and loved it. He's now done about 240000 on the original engine and gearbox with very few problems.

Those engines are very strong, did a lot of R&D on the early 5 pots. The turbo engine has a strengthened block, based on the 2.0 originally. Somewhere I have an A4 notebook full of tuning and build info relating to various engine codes. That early one will be worth something now. I had two 200 turbos, big buses but quick.

Changed the rear exhaust, better looking and more pleasing to be in. Also had to buy new rims. Cracked two due to potholes, they've been welded before so decided to retire them. Got a bargain on the new ones, 8.5 front and 9.5 rears, same tyre spec as original, still on 18s with 35 profile.20180114_143104_resized.jpg

View attachment 7831 View attachment 7832 View attachment 7833 Sold the Antara and the MGF as the latter was getting on and getting out was not very graceful! Plus with our first grandchild the wife needed more seats! So pooled the money together and bought two decent cars. The wife has now got an Audi A4 3.0 V6 Cabriolet S-Line, specced by myself and I have an A6 Avant which is pretty much S6 spec. Her car is better than mine! Just sold the T16 MG ZS to a fellow MG club member as needed the room. Still have the blue MK1 ZS. The S6 is a bit noisy, nice comfy ride and it's surprising how well it holds its own considering it is 18 years old! |B
Nice! love the S6. what was the price on that?