Car
Toyota
3bed9e750f54e8f58a3847169be4d03e.jpg
Unfortunately I'm not sure exactly where this would be posted, but I found that here would best suit the sort of question I have in mind.
Now naturally most people don't own this sort of vehicle. But a certain friend of mine managed to attain an Aventador through clever dealing and cutting corners. However, being his only friend who shared his interest in supercars, he came to me with quite an interesting undertaking.
The McLaren Formula 1 supercar has a very iconic interior; one that consists of three seats, the center one is the driver's seat, and the side seats are for passengers, and are set back behind the driver's seat, as shown above.
This friend of mine asked me to replicate this interior in his brand new Lamborghini Aventador. I have no idea how to progress with this project. Any sort of cheap way to do so, or any easy way?

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)

Firstly, I have actually sat in an Aventador and I will say this, the rear bulkhead is immediately behind the seats, to fashion in a third seat between them and at the front would mean the removal of key sections of chassis in order to facilitate the fixing of the seat. You will also need to cut into the carbon fibre monocoque plus tamper with the front suspension system. You may stand a chance if your friend and any subsequent passengers are only 2 foot tall and 10 inches wide. lamborghini-aventador-carbon-fiber-rollingchassis01.jpg

Thanks for giving me a chuckle anyway, it is miserable here weather wise at the moment.

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)

Firstly, I have actually sat in an Aventador and I will say this, the rear bulkhead is immediately behind the seats, to fashion in a third seat between them and at the front would mean the removal of key sections of chassis in order to facilitate the fixing of the seat. You will also need to cut into the carbon fibre monocoque plus tamper with the front suspension system. You may stand a chance if your friend and any subsequent passengers are only 2 foot tall and 10 inches wide. View attachment 7429

So to put it simply, to make this modification would be excessively complex and difficult, if not impossible?
I would have thought that would be the response, no harm in asking.
But if all that were to be done, it would actually be able to do so? Modifying the chassis is out of the question, so I assume it's impossible then. He also said that the side seats aren't really what he wants, his main focus is on the center seat. In other words, he wants there to be only one seat centered in the vehicle rather than three. Is that possible/safe? That includes moving the steering wheel of course.
And thank you for the welcome :)

Not to say that it is impossible buddy, but the engineering involved would be mammoth, don't get me wrong here, I am all for trying things that people say cannot be done engineering wise, BUT, that is a beautiful machine that deserves nothing but the best and has been designed accordingly. In my opinion I think you could just fit the one centre seat looking at the open cockpit photo.

Not to say that it is impossible buddy, but the engineering involved would be mammoth, don't get me wrong here, I am all for trying things that people say cannot be done engineering wise, BUT, that is a beautiful machine that deserves nothing but the best and has been designed accordingly. In my opinion I think you could just fit the one centre seat looking at the open cockpit photo.
Ah I see. While not impossible, it would still be quite the undertaking. Thank you very much!
However I am more of a supercar fanatic than an engineer. In fact I am an amateur on the topic. How might I go about doing such a project?

While not being an expert in anyway shape or form on this, I would have thought that the first thing to explore is what exactly is under the centre tunnel and what if anything can be removed safely from it that will allow a seat to be installed there.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back