laguna

dnage

Car
Laguna mk2 1.8
hi i have a mk2 laguna 1.8 and was wondering if there is anything i can do to increase power with out the use of turbos im on a budget its just the laguna has 123hp and i want about 150- 200hp

also i have a problem with the doors on the passenger side of the car the problem is when i unlock the car the front passenger door will still not open from the out sidebut if i pull the handle on the inside enough to hear a click it opens fine from the outside till i lock it again ??? and info would be appericeated

thanks
dnage

We get asked this question a lot so have a look at this thread which covers the basics. I have to admire your ambition though!:D And I hope you pull it off.

http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f101/adding-turbo-nasp-engine-15003/
Cheap turbos can be purchased from breakers yards which are ideal for a try it and see type project.:bigsmile:

Please note that I don't think it is worth adding a turbo to an old car with a small capacity engine. There is nothing stopping you but the money and hassle will just not be worth the power gain you get. It is better to just buy a better car for your tuning project.:confused:

Adding a turbo is a major engineering task and without a kit with full instructions and all the parts you need there is a big risk of blowing up the engine. Expect to spend 50 hours upwards on a project of this type. This is not the sort of modification you should undertake unless you are mechanically competent and know what you are doing.

It is worth looking at superchargers as these are generally much easier to install than a turbo is.

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars car Forum :)

Feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.

Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspirational ideas towards your own very special project!

Enjoy! :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back