Laguna II Tuning

Nicaw

Car
Renault laguna 1.8
Hi guys!
Im 19 and I own a 1.8 16v Renault laguna dynamique :)
Im lookin for coilovers but cant seem to find any for less than a thousand pound.

I dont have a great deal of money after insurance each month, im pretty much looking for some cheap mods though to be honest, pics will be up soon!

Oh and my name is Josh by the way :D

Im afraid you wont find anything cheap on laguna II the only thing you can do is buy just springs off ebay for about £130 but i dint just want the springs i gave up after looking mines the sport tourer im 24 and can insure a fiesta zetec-s 1.6 for alot cheaper than my laguna which is slower and less fun to drive my cars got stainless steel powerflow exhaust and k&N panel filter and a standard zetec-s eats it.

Hello and welcome to the site mate

if your looking for cheap mods then look towards springs and dampners. just remember that changing the suspension will put your insurance up and you will have even less each month

I cant even find any springs for my model D: I intend to lower it 60mm, but Im not sure my shocks will take it so I need to find some different ones. Will be doing interior lighting this week and hopefully if I can find springs, they will be done next week :)

Welcome to TorqueCars :bigsmile:

Lowering by 60mm will throw your suspension geometry out and that level of drop should really be done with coilovers and not just springs. Your current shock absorbers will be restricted too much in their travel and give a hard ride as there will be no ride adjusters fitted. You really need to add adjustable suspension in order to bring the geometry back to avoid uneven tyre wear and handling issues. Some cars can accept a certain amount of changes in height before some tweaking needs to be done, 60mm requires assistance.

Thanks for your input! I witnessed my brother lower his Ford Mondeo on standard shocks by 60mm but Ill have to do a little digging before I take the plunge, I cant find a set of coilovers within my price range, or a set that will drop more than 45mm for that matter :(
Im not to fussed about the harsh ride, dont forget I am a teenager :D haha. Im also owed a favour by a garage who screwed up my geometry when I had my rack ends replaced, so I know they will be sorting me out in that area, Honestly thankyou for your input stamford!

:bigsmile: at your age have some fun and feel what can be done. As when you get alot older a hard ride is no good when you don't have your own teeth :amuse: (i'm okay still have mine ;))

Still not managed to get myself any springs or coilovers :( I did however find some green interior neons so now my 'grandadmobile' is slowly turning into a 'grandadmobile' insured by some grandads grandson haha! is there a gallery or garage section on this forum where we can upload pics of our cars?

There is a gallery (link on top bar) but I do believe you need to run a post count of at least 10 I think before you can post pictures, gallery might be a different thing altogether and I might be talking from my exhaust here! :amuse: