Lady needs your advice

Jessica

Car
ford focus
Hi everyone,
I just got a 1999 ford focus and I'm thonking about some external changes. I would like it to look more sporty. What would you suggest?

Hello!

Depends on how you want it to look. There is one near me with the full WRC bodykit and rear wing, looks daft as it is still sitting on the original alloy wheels, does it no favours at all. Do it in small steps, like lowering it on coilovers and changing the wheels for something sportier to give it a more sporty stance. Resist the aftermarket bodykits as some are really bad and do nothing for the cars looks, poor fit and finish etc. There are a few Focus owners on here who can direct you best.

tcsmileysign.gif

Ok, I didn't know about the number of posts you need to add pics :/ I'm thinking about some bumpers or sideskirts maybe? And alloy rims. Any ideas?

Ok, I didn't know about the number of posts you need to add pics :/ I'm thinking about some bumpers or sideskirts maybe? And alloy rims. Any ideas?

If nothing else then do fit alloys. They reduce the unsprung mass and improve brake cooling. Not so much to do with the 'open' design of the rims, more to do with the fact that aluminium is a good conductor of heat.

A chunk of aluminium bolted to the hubs works superbly in terms of brake cooling heat sink.

I'll submit my plea again - 2fast - where are you hunnie? 2fast is our resident lady stylist and she's certainly got style and ideas in abundance.

What colour is the car?

You can always paint the wheels for a more original look. Black is a good stealth colour, white works well with lots of cars but IMO looks best on red and black cars.

Tint the rear windows and lights for a sleek look. There are some nice bodykits coming onto the market but if you do this then go for a full kit and remember cheap is not best! It will look shabby very quickly.