Koni shock absorber settings

C

Christohher

I am about to install new red Koni shock absorbers on my 1750 GTV which was built in 1970. I would like to know if there are any recommendations for setting the shock absorbers and whether there is any difference between the front and back settings.

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars and its nice to have a classic Alfa Romeo owner along. The engine sound of the GTV is one I will always remember and is probably the first engine I ever noticed as a boy - it was a red GTV and sadly was rusting away. (Sorry I've gone off on one there!)

Shocks are a matter of driver choice as they affect the handling, some people like lift off oversteer and others prefer a more neutral handling. Personally I would set the rears slightly higher than the fronts. Are they adjustable on the car? If so then set them all half way and drive it for a week, then set it on the highest setting and drive for another week then move it to the lowest (safe setting) checking ground clearance and use this for another week. You will get a feel for the subtle differences and will then decide which settings to use.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back