Knowledge seeker here

bax

Torque Junkie
Car
Rexton 270xdi 2005
Hi i found this site today while looking for Info regarding Tuning Diesel cars , looks like a nice place .. a little complicated at first but ill get used to it , i dont know if its just me but it takes a while for the pages to Load ..

So yeah i wont make this long , I own a 2005 Ssangyong Rexton 270XDI and im a fan of Cars ...Fast ones hehe :p

Last edited:
Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

*Hi buddy, very sorry for the page loading issues, our admin team are working behind the scenes to bring us some exciting things to come to the website, unfortunately this does have a little knock on effect with the sites performance but it won't be for long I hope* ;)

Tnx T9 i thought it was my Net acting up , seems like things are under control

The page loading issue is a thing of the past now! New shiny forums, hopefully less complicated as well.

We hope you enjoy your time on here.

Confirmed , there are 2 maps i know of Provided by a group specialized in Ssangyong vehicles , one is Ecomap (184 hp while maintaining FC) the other is Powermap (200hp sacrificing FC in the process) ... im waiting for them to finish off some device that will allow me to switch between those maps , Eco for daily drive and Power when needed since Fuel prices are sky high lately ..

Ive been doing some research lately basically what i need to know regarding Diesel cars is how does bigger Pipes affect them ? by Pipes i mean Downpipes and Exhaust systems , assuming i use Powermap which is 200Hp with a K&N drop in filter would installing a bigger downpipe/Exhaust system grant me 10-20HP ?

Last edited:
well like all cars it depends on the Driver really , if i were to drive my usual style which is Rough and heavy on the gas with lots of inside the city driving it would do 7KM per Liter so thats the Minimal you can achieve at Best i managed to get 11Km per Liter Driving at around 2k Rpm all the time 90% highway ... on Average the 2.7Xdi Ssangyong Rexton would grant you 8 Kilometers per Liter which is 640Km for a Full tank (80 Liter capacity) .. Which is pretty good considering that its a 2005 model Suv with 7 Passengers and weights 2 Tons , if you ask me its the best Car you can get for that amount of Money .. Needless to say it offers great Offroad capability if you swing that way , can tow 3 Tons if you need to

Last edited:
Yep , ive had it for 6 years now and im quite happy with it ,Nothing but minor wear and tear issues since its almost 10 years old but other than that its the best Value for money out there , especially the 2005 model ..Sadly they failed to make the newer models any better instead they got worse , guess you cant improve on perfection hehe , no but really they couldve introduced a stronger Engine instead of a smaller one and they couldve added a 6/7 speed gear box instead of the original 5 speed one , that wouldve allowed it to better challenge the new car models that have great FC tnx to that ,so for now its better to stick with it perhaps in 5 years or so they will learn and actually take a step forward

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back