km/miles in the counter

At 70,000 miles an engine benefits from a rebuild and decoke but in reality I rekon you can go to 100,000 without problems. A lot depends on how the car is driven and looked after. Oil changes are important (Waynne bangs on a lot about the importance of changing the oil!) :lol:

Sort of know where Xav is coming from at 70,000 but I would say that after 1994 you can probably add another 20,000 to these cars. Cats and emissions standards management meant that the engines were better engineered. Yes OIL CHANGES ARE IMPORTANT and NO X I DONT BANG ON ABOUT IT A LOT (well not much anyway, perhaps a little - oh ok so you have a point, but it is important. :lol: )

If you use good quality fuel and when you service your car you fill the tank and add the correct amount of RedEx or something similar, you shouldn't even need to De-coke the engine. Some people recommedn an oil flushing agent every 3rd service but don't, regular oil change is enough! A small build up of carbon can be good for the inside of your engine as it can take up some of the clearance on worn bearings. Never EVER use this sort of stuff on a high mileage car! It may clear the crud out of your hydraulic lifters cureing noisy tappets but it will also clear out any carbon deposits in your bottom end bearings leaving you with a knocking motor.