kia shuma II

eroneus

Car
kia shuma II 1.8
hello everyone, i have a kia shuma II 1.8, model 2003 and i want to know what improvment i cant make for better handling and more power and were i cant find to buy pieces. i want to put everything on my car that make it better. thanx and i wait ur ideas.

Hi eroneus and welcome to TorqueCars. I've had a look around and there really are not many parts around for the Shuma.

It might need you to be a little inventive. Induction kit, custom exhaust and a custom cam grind.

I would have thought the main issue with the car is the handling. Have you thought about uprating the suspension?

Yup kias arnt that popular really in the tunning world however its not hard to get stuff made up. or even make it yourself in the case of intake pipes

i want to upgrade the suspension because the handling its a issue for this car but u cant recomend me some suspension?

I've had a look around and I can't really see anything suitable - sorry. I think you are going to have to see if you can get some custom springs made up.

Hi I am from Malaysia and own a 1600cc KIA Spectra. It has gone through a number of modification mainly to improve handling, performance and make it safe to ride. It is called a KIA Shuma in other countries. I guess it depends in which country you are. There are quite a number of mod parts for the KIA Spectra though not as many as a Japanese cars but in my opinion enough to make the car fly...if you want to.:p

That's why I like coil overs even for street cars, the comfort is a immediate sacrifice but handling is always better and through adjustable dampening settings you can choose the level of both. Right?

That's why I like coil overs even for street cars, the comfort is a immediate sacrifice but handling is always better and through adjustable dampening settings you can choose the level of both. Right?

Yes, the first time, it was lowered really low, I forget was it 4 or 5 cm? Cornering could be done fast, say 110-120kph as against what the average guy does at 80kph. However, you will note I did many mods to control body roll which the car cannot do without to handle fast cornering. It was fantastic but I scraped speed humps too often and coming up or down steep rams sounded painful. So it was raised by 1 cm. It's OK now, ride is less harsh, less complain from whoever in the back seats, no more scraps but I couldn't do those super-duper fast cornering. It's a practical compromise.

Last edited:
holythreadresurrectionbye1_zps74f1bf6d.jpg

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back