Kia Mentor 1.6LX

ixon

Car
kia mentor
Hi first post.

I recently picked up a Kia Mentor 1.6LX of an old couple, with low milage and full service history for less than a grand.

Now i know Kia Mentors arn't the best cars on the road, but tbh i drove alot worst over the years & just wanted a cheap 4 door saloon as a second car, and as this car been well looked after "engine wise" thought why not.

But me being me, just couldn't leave it as it is :bigsmile:

One of the first things i did was to ditch the shoody 14" steelies and runway tyres, for a nice set of 15" alloys and Falken 912's tyres, which has improved the handling alot in both the wet & dry.

Fitted an electric aerial that rises and lowers when the car radio switches on or off which i find pretty neat lol :p

Also got a Cat 2 alarm fitted the other day, with remote central locking.

Next thing on the list of to do's is get the paintwork sorted, as it been in the carpark wars with couple of bumper scuffs, cracked paint on the bumper cracked front grille, and a few stone chips, and some cracking of the clearcoat on the drivers door were the Sun be at it, these i can sort out myself as im abit of a dab hand when it comes to sorting out paintwork on cars.

I may also debadge it, as you don't see many Mentors on the road and it keep the badge snobs guessing as to what it is. :blink1:

The cracked grille i will tackle with some plastic filler, scuff up the plastic chrome surround, prime it, then spray the same colour as the rest of the car as im not a fan of chrome to begin with, I may even remove the center plastic bits and mesh it, as it's pretty ugly from the front, but not decided on this yet.

Plus a few other things i got planned for it during the Summer.

Girlfreind thinks im mad spending money on this car, as it was suppose to be a runabout and shopping car, but im actually enjoying getting it sorted out and spicing it up alittle.

Here a quick image

5652187931_11ff4ba7f5_z.jpg

Hello and Welcome to TorqueCars.:bigsmile:
Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Your post got stuck in the moderation queue as you require 10 posts before you can upload pics or links. I've approved it for you this time mate.;)
Have a wander round an you'll soon hit 10. :)

Thanks for that turbonutter69, i should have read the rules before posting lol.

But cheers anyways, for keeping the image on.

And no doudt i'll enjoy my time here.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back