Kia Koup

Hi
Engine re-map probably most effective, noisy, stupidly oversize exhausts are a waste of money, already got a K&N that's not for performance, just used them in all of my cars, their longevity makes them cost effective, although they do seem to help the engine breathe at high revs.

A remap should be done last. An uprated panel filter will help performance as it will allow more air in. Stupily oversized exhausts are a waste of money, but one that is built effective and maintains the correct balance between flow and back pressure will improve throttle response.

What sort of budget have you got and what kind of gains do you want?

Have'nt got a bottomless pit of money but would look at the cost of a decent re-map with decent returns. Exhausts fom past experience are a waste of money and I cannot afford a custom designed and built exhaust to release at best about 5 BHP.

Have'nt got a bottomless pit of money but would look at the cost of a decent re-map with decent returns. Exhausts fom past experience are a waste of money and I cannot afford a custom designed and built exhaust to release at best about 5 BHP.

A standard remap should be around £300 (not sure what that converts to). If yours is a petrol though then you won't see much gain. It will just remove any flat spots.

The gain from the exhaust isn't the extra 5 bhp, it's the increase in throttle response. There is much more to exhausts meaning that a lot of people get it completely wrong.