Kia ecu tuning and mapping

Car
2008 kia rio5 1.6L
I have an 08 kia rio5 1.6L i am trying to learn about tuning and mapping. Any advise will not be rejected lol very happy to be a part of this site and to be able to use all of the knowledge that is on here! I am an apprentice mechanic in Nova Scotia, i am wondering what types of programs and flashes are avaliable for my kia and what are the best options to make my car work better, i have currently only upgraded the exhaust and intake although i have 2.0L injectors, fuel rail, throttle body, ecu, and the whole motor at my disposal from an elantra of similar year which is compatable with my 08 rio5, i am wondering what the best combination of parts to put on my motor. I know that i could just swap motors but i am going to mess with this 1.6 first and see what kind of gains and what ammount of knowledge i can gain from this experience. Thanks in advance for your time and your help with this project of mine!

IMHO, a clutch upgrade such as Centerline, ported and polished Head, Injectors from the 2.0, and a better fuel pump PLUS what you have already done will help to set a great base line to start with. Utilize a Haltech ECM for your programming, and you will be surprised what you can do with these engines.

Thanks very much for your advice guys! What other ecm options are out there for lil 4 bangers like mine lol what kind of programmer would you suggest if i was to use my stock ecm and re map it myself?

One of those hand-held programmers like SCT are far and few. You would need to change to something like a Haltech or Megasquirt to completely replace the ecm. (You may want to check other forums about what is available.)

Our factory ECMs are a pain to attempt to reprogram, and from here on it will be harder to attempt to reprogram with each new model year. This is due to emission regulations.

One good thing about replacement ECMs is that you can move them from vehicle to vehicle as you change vehicles.