keyless push button start kit

You can buy one from Demon Tweeks, I have one from the Trillogy range!

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Perfo...ons/Trillogy_Starter_Push_Button/647/0/131750

Be warned though, if you have the switch wired as a direct ignition starter then this will invalidate your Thatchum Category assuming that you have one! You can still keep the key system for ignition on and use the button for engine start only! This will be ok!

You can buy one from Demon Tweeks, I have one from the Trillogy range!

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Perfo...ons/Trillogy_Starter_Push_Button/647/0/131750

Be warned though, if you have the switch wired as a direct ignition starter then this will invalidate your Thatchum Category assuming that you have one! You can still keep the key system for ignition on and use the button for engine start only! This will be ok!

Isn't this just a push start button? I think he is after an electronic key that you just have to have on you and doesn't need to be inserted.

Isn't this just a push start button? I think he is after an electronic key that you just have to have on you and doesn't need to be inserted.

Indeed it is, they do an ignition switch as well, but I think for thieving robbing bandit reasons, he should stick to the car ignition on system then hit the push button to start! if that makes sense!

I had this in the Laguna II which I owned for 8 days before returning to supplying dealer for full refund.

It's no big deal. Fashionable, yes, or it was at one point anyway.

It's no big deal. Fun the first couple of times you start the engine this way. But to retrofit such a system. No, not for me.

Keyless entry is, as OG says, totally different, and equally pointless given that every car now has remote locking anyway.

Spend your money elsewhere

I had this in the Laguna II which I owned for 8 days before returning to supplying dealer for full refund.

It's no big deal. Fashionable, yes, or it was at one point anyway.

It's no big deal. Fun the first couple of times you start the engine this way. But to retrofit such a system. No, not for me.

Keyless entry is, as OG says, totally different, and equally pointless given that every car now has remote locking anyway.

Spend your money elsewhere

Quite so! my lady had a Renault Megane Scenic before she bought her Ford Focus last year. It had a credit card style key which was read as you approached the car, then all you had to do was to push the one button to start it, she did not even have to take it out of her handbag. I must admit to being a tiny bit envious of this when she had it though :embarrest:

Keyless entry is, as OG says, totally different, and equally pointless given that every car now has remote locking anyway
it depends! for a man yes i will agree its just a gimmick. but for a woman driver with a handbag (as t9 points out) its worth it! cause for the woman she doesnt have to route round in her handbag (cause we all know they cant find anything in there!) and for the passengers we dont have to stand around in the rain while the other half is trying to find there keys.

also you are wrong on all cars having remote central locking! my old mans hyundia peace of crap doesn't and its only a year old;)

I had an 09 plate 520d estate last week as a hire car for work, and it had the system where you put the "key" in, I say key but it's just a small plastic rectangle full of electronics, then press the button to start. Even in an underpowered diesel estate there was a sense of occasion as you started it. Doing that for a big v8 would be sweet.

Did you manage to track one of these down?

Won't something like this affect your cars immobiliser?