Keeping the Kids Quiet

trooper

Track Warrior
My neighbour got 4 individual dvd players fitted to the car, cause her 4 kids always fight over what to do in the car. Her 2 boys use theirs for playing their playstation and the 2 girls usually watch films.
I dont have kids, but what ever happened to old fashioned games like i spy......lol
Do you have any gadgets in your car to keep the kids quiet?

We used to make words up from number plates - the letters had to appear in the same order as on the number plate but can have any other letters before and after! You can then apply scrabble rules and score for difficulty of letters used!

waynne said:
Duct tape works for me! :wink:

hahahahah great mate. Not got kids but i'll defo keep that in mind.

I recently got a deal on a sony PSP and since I got it *#*#*#*# trips to the shops are more entertaining. Now we go in my g/f's nissan micra( ex grandad car) and I play the PSP all the way. Got to watch what games i play cause some make me feel a bit sick but it could just be a my g/f's driving :p

Motion sickness while playing the PSP is not too bad if you hold it up high. As long as your periphery vision can see the horizon you are OK!

hehehehe tinted windows in a micra hahahahaha yeah and a huge exhaust with a iron board spoiler.

Although the tinted windows would mean ppl couldn't see the burberry upholstery :p

I'm not sure what the yellow car game is!
With my daughter we play spot a specific coloured car. But she got wise to me always winning with silver or white. She's also got wise to me picking yellow or pink when I can't be bothered to play:lol:

We also play spot the bus stop, we both know where every single bus stop is from my house to my parents!

It sounds like you already play a version.

When you see a yellow car the first person to call it says "yellow car" and they get a point. The car has to be moving.

We evolved the game to make it more interesting.... We also say KAKA when we see a Ford Ka, Tooki Tooki when we see an Audi TT, Snap when you see a car the same model as the one you are in and if you see a mini the call is "squeek". It can get quite frantic. I have some friends up north who throw in a punch to the arm when they see one of the designated vehicles.