K-series vs. H-series

keycar

Wrench Pro
Car
1998 honda accord
Everytime I look at the stats they seem to change but I'm looking for what is best to put in my 98 Accord. I know that the H-series motor doesn't just go into the car because engine mounts. But any advice would surely help.

thanks a lot for the link its an awsome guideline. when i went to work i told a bunch of my car enthusiast buddy's about the info i've been getting from everyone. i'd say being in southern cali i would be in a great place for everything automotive but on the other hand everyone else seems to be in to tuning so availability can be low and what you can get can be at an accelerated price. or i could just be going about things wrong. like a new engine i could buy it off a site or try to find one in a junk yard and rebuild it.

Be careful when buying an engine you haven't seen before though. It could easily be blown, be the wrong engine and the mileage advertised could be wrong. Availability on B series engines is becoming sparse. Even if one is found, it will rarely have low mileage. However, K series engines are relatively new and much more available. Although slightly heavier the K20A produces roughly 20 bhp more than a B18C5 and can be supercharged to 350 bhp (with other work done as well... i.e. exhaust, cams, etc).

thats a good point. i also am wondering about what an average price i would be looking at and what a good price would be. i looked around a little before doing this response and i couldn't find anything under 3,500 dollars.

well i guess its time to start saving money. is there any need to know info for a tranny for this engine?

well i'm thinking of the future, so i'm questioning if i'll have to upgrade it in any way.

do you think thats its a good idea to spend a lot of money on an accord or should i do something more common. i love my accord but i have friends who say just to scrap it and do a crx or civic but i think an accord is less common which i guess makes it little bit more special.

do you think thats its a good idea to spend a lot of money on an accord or should i do something more common. i love my accord but i have friends who say just to scrap it and do a crx or civic but i think an accord is less common which i guess makes it little bit more special.

If you love the car that much then spend the money on it mate!

i love the car, i just don't want to make a bad investment. the real reason i stick with this car is for sentimental value but i also want something that can keep up with the rest instead of hitting to many roadblocks due to cost effectiveness. but like pgarner said i'd rather be an individual.

If I'm honest mate, you will never see a return on the money you spend on this project, but then, who cares?

I own a Civic Coupe, and instead of buying something which is 'better', I'm spending thousands and thousands building this car up into a truly great feature car. I won't see any of the money I spend again, but to be honest, I don't give a s***! I love the car and want it to be special and a bit different from everyone else's car.

If you love your car that much then why not spend the money as well?

If I'm honest mate, you will never see a return on the money you spend on this project, but then, who cares?

I own a Civic Coupe, and instead of buying something which is 'better', I'm spending thousands and thousands building this car up into a truly great feature car. I won't see any of the money I spend again, but to be honest, I don't give a s***! I love the car and want it to be special and a bit different from everyone else's car.

If you love your car that much then why not spend the money as well?
well in a honda the money is not wasted mate,
the car will last as long as you if you look after it

prince that was well said. and obvouisly thats something your pretty passionable about and that was exactly what i wanted and needed to hear.

honda's are long lasting cars so that money surely would make car last for a lot of years.

Anytime mate! Just make sure you use well known and/or Japanese parts. Honda's go for ever...in theory if you drop in a new engine with lower mileage than your current engine, it'll last even longer! :amuse:

well maybe in not to long i'll get what i need to get (when i get more money that is) and have something to present everyone and see how far the advice gets me. which will be far and then i'll get more advice.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back