Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
Hey all i'm currently bidding on a Fiat punto Performance Induction Kit

Currently highest bidder at £10.50

K&N 57i Induction Kit

Need to ask is it worth it?

I should be able to modify it to fit a 2001 1.2 punto not much difference in engine tbh

Hmmm fair play good synopsis heh I heard about these so called super cheap ECU's you can get from china which gives you an extra 10 - 100 bhp depending on the engine

Have you heard about them?

Hmmm fair play good synopsis heh I heard about these so called super cheap ECU's you can get from china which gives you an extra 10 - 100 bhp depending on the engine

Have you heard about them?

everyone has heard of those

DONT get one, all is does is fool the ECU into thinking it's drawing in cold air all the time, so forces over fuelling - which in time will mess things up

Ahh thanks for head up will warn my uncle away who just got a shipment of them from china offered me for a fiver

emm thhose ECUs are a 2 pence resistor and some hot glue.

they ether work buy as dagger has said saying the air is colder than it really is, or by keeping the car on choke.
ether way it makes it run richer

Would you say its worth the price??? and worth the couple of horses?

Yes it is worth the money, I had the exact same kit on my Saab once and I paid £75 for it. As long as your not expecting more than a couple of BHP then you should not be disappointed. I assume your after the noise factor as opposed to a performance gain?

T9 My aim is to try out see what they can do tbh Noise isn't worth it unless you have a clout i.e. a V8 and so on but lets see how it goes i just want a car which i can say i have groomed and customed however small of a customise it is

Lol well I reckon T9 is more adept at mods than me tbh XD Ill somehow probably blow myself up in the process

Last edited by a moderator:
Very hard to believe to be quite honest

Have you got proof for what you believe?

I have got proof for what I claim!

And in case you don't want to believe my claims come and meet me at the rolling road with K&N, standard intake and I bring along a proper induction and we test back to back and afterwards make some quarter mile runs.

I dont have much proof, but a friend of mine did a RR with his corsa 1.2 16v and had both the 57i and the standard element to see the change, the torque curve went up a little and his bhp figures had also gained using the 57i. Then again he did use one of them aftermarket air boxes.

Find the bit with claymore running some tests ;)

http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/induction-kits.php

Last edited:
I dont have much proof, but a friend of mine did a RR with his corsa 1.2 16v and had both the 57i and the standard element to see the change, the torque curve went up a little and his bhp figures had also gained using the 57i. Then again he did use one of them aftermarket air boxes.

Find the bit with claymore running some tests ;)

http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/induction-kits.php

I have run with K&N plenty of tests. The results are usually are a bit better with the bonnet open when doing rr runs. However, this changes as soon as you close the bonnet.

You can trust me on my expertise. I am doing this for my living and do this job for longer than most members here live. But I am not going to reveal who I am as I am here for advise and looking for trends and not making sales.

+1 on that.

Additionally it will take away all the torque the little engine has got to start with.

Very hard to believe to be quite honest

Sorry PP, but Charliep is correct. Engines need cold air and what an open induction kit does is suck in warm air from the engine. This generally means you lose power. You need to either enclose the intake, put it at the furthest point away from the engine or use a heatshield.

I have run with K&N plenty of tests. The results are usually are a bit better with the bonnet open when doing rr runs. However, this changes as soon as you close the bonnet.

x2