Just joined up,hi !

MR D

Car
Scirocco gtx
Hello folks,just joined up today.
Current transport,Scirocco gtx,long running project,and my daily caddy van 1.9 sdi.
Building the roc up slowly to be a track day toy,and to get some runs in up the pod.
Bought it 6 years ago as an mot fail for £100,while working as a head chef,spent loads of money on go faster stuff for it,then got made redundant.and i started up my own business,as a carpet and upholstery cleaner.
It sat on my drive for over 2 years,until my wife said fix it,or scrap it,so i got busy.
Mods include
All round Koni shocks and springs,with a 40mm drop.
Front and rear braces.
6 point safety devices cage.
Alloy tank and swirl pot,in spare wheel well.
Flowed and ported head.
Kent cam and vernier.
Janspeed 4 branch manifold,supersprint back box.
Goodridge hoses.
Tsw alloys,Toyo`s on the front,Bridgestone on the back.
Stripped interior.

Have most of the parts for my 9a / Kr combo,which will be running on k-jet to start,possibly turbo,possibly nos with progressive controller.
Also just bought a full Rieger body kit,so i will be posting up askinbg some info on fitting that..
Few pics of the car,and me.
Was a dj for many years,these were at Dance island a couple of years back
Da2.jpg

Da1.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

newwindy-1.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

18062008463.jpg

DSC00580-1.jpg

DSC00595.jpg

DSC00926.jpg

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already. So what's next.

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

Thanks !! :D
I am currently sorting out 280mm brakes,a long overdue upgrade.
Then it will be engine parts,bearings,rings,gaskets,oil pump,hone the block,polish the inside of the block,too keep the oil cleaner,and help it drain back down,build up the bottom end,head will be going off to be played with,not sure on my choice of cams as yet,as undecided if i will be going turbo yet.will be running on k-jet to start with,but possibly itb`s in the future.
Then fit the Rieger kit,and spray shop.
Will also need some hefty rubber under that kit...

hello mate, and welcome, ive been on many other forums, and your find this is the best place to get good advice and your at least get a reply if you have a question as other site seem to dont want to know.

:D I am a member of quite a few forums and yeah some are better than others.
Not really that bothered about what people think about my car really,not really into the whole scene thing,at 40 i think i should have grown up a bit,but no,i am doing all the stuff to this one that i wanted to do to my mk1 gti back in 1988 !!
Thing i love about this one is the sheer look of shock on peoples faces when they try it on,and the noise it makes past 3.5 k

Was originally lowered 600mm,but didn`t like it,so went up to a 400mm drop over standard,and can still catch the front lower brace on speed bumps.
There are a few around,finding a nice one is getting harder

:D I am a member of quite a few forums and yeah some are better than others.
Not really that bothered about what people think about my car really,not really into the whole scene thing,at 40 i think i should have grown up a bit,but no,i am doing all the stuff to this one that i wanted to do to my mk1 gti back in 1988 !!
Thing i love about this one is the sheer look of shock on peoples faces when they try it on,and the noise it makes past 3.5 k

Thats the way to go. Im only 17 so I have a ways to go, but I adopt the same mentality. Im driving a 72 Datsun 240z In a town full of ricers (poorly mounted sound systems that sound horrid, dvd players, etc) when I care about performance. Its your car, so your opinion is the only one that counts.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back