Just had a full service

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Took my car into my local garage for a full service.

They found a rear spring had broken :( and had to be replaced. Also the brake pad warning sensor was faulty and needed replacing.

Total job was done for under £300 so very impressed with that, they even set the car to show a long life service interval, something usually only Audi can do! :)

Sweet. Good price too. For a giggle I went into the main Mercedes dealer in Cov, who to be fair were very nice, to see what a full B1 service would be on mine:
B SERVICE – 389.15
Replace Brake Fluid - £86.88
Replace Air Filter - £35.16
Replace Fuel Filter - £52.85
Change Automatic Transmission Fluid - £312.42

Apart from it being a con basically to charge 35 quid to fit an air filter DURING a service, when it only costs 15 quid retail and is literally a 2 minute job, my indy will do all the above for almost half the price, and use the proper Merc STAR diagnostics and put my service details on the MB database. The main dealer might have been a pleasant place with leather sofas and filter coffee and rather attractive receptionists but that aint worth 300 quid.

I also asked them how much for the map update dvd as mine was showing maps from 2011. The 2016 update CD from them was £180! I politely declined, then went on ebay and got a set of genuine but used 2015 dvds for 65. And I can sell them on again now I've used them.

A friend of mine has a C Class merc and my guy quoted him £150 for a full main service!

I even got the long life service restored in the dashboard, something Audi never reset last time it went in. Interestingly I'm still on the brake discs Audi condemned and said need replacing last year. It's just passed an MOT with flying colours.

I rarely go to the main dealers unless they have a price match. In my opinion they are over cautious at replacing worn parts which is not a bad thing for safety but does cost the driver money.

Took my car into my local garage for a full service.

They found a rear spring had broken :( and had to be replaced. Also the brake pad warning sensor was faulty and needed replacing.

Total job was done for under £300 so very impressed with that, they even set the car to show a long life service interval, something usually only Audi can do! :)
Broken spring. Vw Group quality control is looking better than ever.