Just broke down!

choness2004

Torque Junkie
Car
Honda Civic EG
as the title says, I broke down today while driving my mums 1.8 Astra CDX. Coming down a country road, in the snow and couldn't get up the hill. Car cut out and now will not turn over. The hazards went on and I was wondering if I should have left them on over night for all cars that may be coming that way? May I also mention that I had to leave the car in gear, as the handbrake freezing on yesturday meant the mechanic manually disable it so we could drive it! The car is now in the middle of nowhere, around a 2 hours walk from here! Has anyone else experienced this before?

Corey.

Its not a nice experience is it. I got stuck in the snow once but stayed with the car and in 4 hours the traffic got moving again.

Other times I broke down in the Rover I had AA cover and they came out to help me.:D

yes, leave them on. trust you pushed it into the edge of the road?
bit surprised that the handbrake was left off by the mechanic - didnt it free up as soon as it was driven after they had disconnected it?

Ok answer to the questions!

TN, the battery is only a few weeks old.

DP, the car was already at the side of the road as it went into the bush.

And finally, DP and PG's question about the handbrake. The mechanic jacked the car up and said he disconected it. I didnt see what he did as mother was with him and I was still getting ready.

Just for everyone to have a bigger laugh about it, the neighbour drove past it today in their H2, and said it looks like a rather large mound of snow with wing mirrors!

Corey.