Just bought some more bits for the Scoob :)

Hi guys.

As i'm sure a few of have read, i have the car booked for some toys and a rolling road setion. Well in the mean time i've been buying up the extra toys that I could without buying them through the tuning company.

What I have so far comprises of:-

New Samco piping for the Blow off Valve.
New Samco cuplink for the Air Intake pipe.
New Samco Water hoses.
New Samco Braded Fuel lines.
A few stickers which include Blitz, HKS Power and the Tuning company I use Xspec.
Also and this is the one I can't wait for, is a sheet of sticky back carbon fibre. It's no thicker than a sheet of vinyl, woven like true carbon fibre and becasue I already have a light weight bonnet from Japan, I dont need to worry about just buying a carbon fibre bonnet :)

I've fitted all the hoses, and the stickers are goin on this afternoon and will be picking up the carbon fibre in the morning. So as soon as thats fitted tomorrow, I will upload some piccies.

So considering what i'm like when it comes to sourcing cheap things, have a guess how much that little cost me, bearing in mind that the carbon is real ;)

Hi guys.

As i'm sure a few of have read, i have the car booked for some toys and a rolling road setion. Well in the mean time i've been buying up the extra toys that I could without buying them through the tuning company.

What I have so far comprises of:-

New Samco piping for the Blow off Valve.
New Samco cuplink for the Air Intake pipe.
New Samco Water hoses.
New Samco Braded Fuel lines.
A few stickers which include Blitz, HKS Power and the Tuning company I use Xspec.
Also and this is the one I can't wait for, is a sheet of sticky back carbon fibre. It's no thicker than a sheet of vinyl, woven like true carbon fibre and becasue I already have a light weight bonnet from Japan, I dont need to worry about just buying a carbon fibre bonnet :)

I've fitted all the hoses, and the stickers are goin on this afternoon and will be picking up the carbon fibre in the morning. So as soon as thats fitted tomorrow, I will upload some piccies.

So considering what i'm like when it comes to sourcing cheap things, have a guess how much that little cost me, bearing in mind that the carbon is real ;)

Couple of hundred quid??? Now get on with putting it all on cause I wanna see the pics....;):lol::lol::lol: Gonna look sweet

Ok ok, just by this HUGE demand from turbonutter i'll put up the pics I have so far lol. You have to wait till the Carbon is fitted tomorrow to see the fuel pipes and cuplink as the missus has gone to one of her corses with my memory card :(

But anywho, on with what I do have. First off, Is the new Blow of Valve pipe:-

newsamcos1.jpg

This next shows a bit more of the Vacum pipes I need to replace due to moving the blow off valve and having to resize the pipes to reach etc:-

newsamcos2.jpg

Overall shot of what it looks like so far before the Fuel lines and Cuplink were replaced:-

newsamcos3.jpg

Now onto the stickers. Firstly i'd like to appologise for the horrible dirty state of my car lol, haven't cleaned it since yesterday lmao!!! But before I begin, and for those that dont remember me talking about "shopping list" stickers, i'd liek to point out that I can't stand when peeps put stickers on there car and not have anything on the car to do with the stickers, I call this a "Shopping List" Chav display of stickers.

So, iirc the first shot is of the drivers side showing you the very fine detail of the HKS Power Sticker (custom made size etc and also my exhaust system and Air filter are HKS ;) ) :-

newstickers1.jpg

These next 2 shots are both of the Passenger side. The Blitz sticker I had was due to the Blow Off Valve and adaptor plate are Blitz :-

newstickers2.jpg

And of corse, I had to get a couple made of the Tuning Company I use as they deserve nothing less than a bit of free advertising!

newstickers3.jpg

Oh and buy the way turbonutter, you were kind of way off with your guess lol. Try more like £87.67p in total for the lot :) Ypu have to remeber what i'm like at sourcing this at a good price hehe.

So what do you reckon so Far then chaps???

I'm liking it mate. I was just saying in another thread how you shouldn't use stickers for parts you haven't got. What's next on the shopping list?

Well, to be honest I haven't got a clue lmao. The way I usually do things is, wait and see what comes along at the right price at the right time. And if it's a mod that will really benefit me i.e. intercooler, bigger turbo etc. then it's all good. Or if it turns out to be toys or goodies of the like, then thats all good aswell ;)

Well, to be honest I haven't got a clue lmao. The way I usually do things is, wait and see what comes along at the right price at the right time. And if it's a mod that will really benefit me i.e. intercooler, bigger turbo etc. then it's all good. Or if it turns out to be toys or goodies of the like, then thats all good aswell ;)

Thats what i'm like lol... I'm gonna have a few stickers down my rear window but they will only be brands I have already got on the car. Oh and a torque cars sticker too....Where's yours???;)
It's looking well sweet though buddy. I do like a good Scoob engine bay...

Haha, got my memory card back lol. Still dont have a shot of the Carbon yet but still waiting for the phone to take the car over to the graphics place. But, as promised heres a couple of shots of the more up to date engine bay. I've evn managed to do the cuplink from the intercooler to the inlet manifold with a bit of spare I had left over so jobs a goodn'. Only thing it's missing is a shot of the fuel lines but propberly snap a shot later.

Heres the Air Filter/Inlet cuplink:-

newsamcos4.jpg

Heres the Intercooler to Manifold cuplink:-

newsamcos5.jpg

And of corse, an overal shot of how it's come together:-

newsamcos6.jpg

So what do you reckon thus-far then chaps???

Looks good. I guess the recession is over now with all the money you are pouring into that car!

If only governments had decided to spend $billions on a car project (like bad63r) rather than invading Iraq and pouring money into the banking sector. :lol:

Yahoo, My bonnet is now Carbon Fibre'd, only thing is, you are gonna have to wait till the morning to see it as it's way too dark for piccies. But oh my god does it look mint :):) Well chuffed with it!!

The Samco stuff is fine but please be very careful about using cheap silicon vacuum piping. It can and does collapse under high boost conditions and is very prone to cracking where it is used in a curvature, even more where high temps are concerned.
Yes, there are loads of people using it but there's also plenty of engines being rebuilt due to an overboost resulting in melted pistons caused by split piping. We will not fit this stuff to any engine no matter how 'pretty' it looks.
The proper Samco stuff and it's like are fine. The smaller vac pipes, normally sourced by the metre and cheap as chips from e-bay is potentially lethal.

Have no fear my friend. I know what i'm doing when it comes to this sort of thing. The smaller vacum pipes you can see are also custom made to size from samco and are not the usual cheap chearful crap from Halfrauds or Motorworld ;)

Ok then chaps and chapess's lol, as promised, heres some shot of the bit's that you haven't seen thus far:-

Fisrt off is the fuel lines made of the braided hose I had to have made by Samco. In this shot, only 1 of the lines is replaced but you'll get the idea if you think that the other 2 black pipes will also be red ;):-

newsamcos7.jpg

Now, onto the important bit. Neen dying to show you this since it was done yesterday hehe. Right, in this first one you can only just about tell that the bonnet is a different shade to the black on the bumper:-

carbon1.jpg

Now for these next ones, i'll basicly let the pics do the talking. But you'll see how good it is considering it's not a full real carbon bonnet lol:-

carbon2.jpg

carbon3.jpg

carbon4.jpg

So what do you reckon now then chappies?

Cheers guys ;) Well next on the list is to get my new interior inc. door cards seats and centre console as mine doesn't have an armrest. Should be fitting that sometime within the next week or 2 at the most. If anyone has seen it before, it's the standard grey and black interior from the later STi's. ;)

Well, guess what. I've been playing with the carbon a little too much like Waynne thought i might lol. As you may have read in my "This stuf is Amazing..." thread, you will have seen that I did my fuse box in carbon and it came out great. So I ventrued into doing something a little more tricky and it came out just as good.

This first shot you can see the fuse box refitted:-

enginecarbon1.jpg

Now, in these next couple you will see what I ventured into, the jubilee clips and Air Mass Sensor top lmao. Mind you though, as I just mentioned they came out mint!!! ;)

Before:-

newsamcos4.jpg

After

enginecarbon2.jpg

This next one is the close up also showing the AMS top:-

enginecarbon3.jpg

I reckon i'm going to have to order another sheet of this stuff. It's amazing lol!!!

It's a damn shame it doesn't strtch anymore thatn it does or is even high temp heat proof as I think the inlet manifold would look sick done in this stuff. I still have a fair bit of off cuts left so if anyone spots anything under the hood that they think will look good, shout out and i'll give it a try ;)

Funnily enough I thought about doing the slam panel biught then thought, for the amount of weather that one bit sees, it's would look tatty within a matter of a week or 2. I'd love to do the grill but theres too many curve on it to make it look good enough. I've also considered doing the under side of the bonnet where some modders fit the mirror chrome bits, you know, the little areas between the bonnet frame ;)

Can anyone here think of anything that would look good done in this stuff? I'm all for a bit of experimenting so let me know what you think ;)

Funnily enough I thought about doing the slam panel biught then thought, for the amount of weather that one bit sees, it's would look tatty within a matter of a week or 2. I'd love to do the grill but theres too many curve on it to make it look good enough. I've also considered doing the under side of the bonnet where some modders fit the mirror chrome bits, you know, the little areas between the bonnet frame ;)

Can anyone here think of anything that would look good done in this stuff? I'm all for a bit of experimenting so let me know what you think ;)

Yes mate I know what your on about an that would look well trick in that stuff.... Would it stretch round the washer bottle. There's a task for ya...;)

Damn, you beat me to it lol. The washer bottle is actuall on the playing cards but I gotta work it out how i'm gonna do it. I will need to cut it in places to go over the bottle so i'll need to try and make the join lines as close match as possible, which will be tricky. But we'll see lol.

Yeh it would be good if it worked. Another one i'm definatly going ahead with is to get rid of the pink ends of the STi strut brace. I wanted to do the pink in the same red I used for the brake calipers and the pulley cover, but now I have this stuff I may aswell do the strut ends in carbon :)

Ok, 1 hour later and I know have a strut brace that looks part chrome and part carbon lol. So yes the "Mad Modder" as some of my friends are calling me now lol, has done it again.

So, before:-

carbonstrut1.jpg

During:-

carbonstrut2.jpg

And finally, finished and fitted:-

carbonstrut3.jpg

carbonstrut4.jpg

Hehe, i'm really having fun with this stuff. If anyone wants some by the way and doesn't mind paying the postage costs, I can get this stuff to roder at any time. I paid £40 for 1 squre metre so to cover costs of petrol picking it up and postage, lets say £55 all in if anyone wants some ;) (bear in mind I have to travel 45 miles round trip to get to the place that makes it)

There is always a party pooper.

Hoses look fine.

Can't see the point of stickers (unless they are part of a sponsorship deal). Very boy racerish, tacky and childish, in my opinion. But, then, I'm old and set in my ways :)

HATE anything fake, sorry. If you like it, fine, but please resist the temptation to cover everything you possibly can. As in most things aesthetic, less is often more. Also, be careful when stretching over curved surfaces, especially in hot areas, as there is a good chance of gradual material creep.

Last edited:
As mentioned in my previous posts, I dont have anything sticker wise on my car unless it's got something to do with the whats on the car. I'm like you and can't stand the shopping list that chavs seem to loove buying. My tuning company is definatly a sponsor sticker as I feel they deserve nothing less than a bit of free advertise for what they hvae done for me. The other 2 are not directly sponsors although I did get my Dump Valve and Air Filter for free from them by asking if they did want to sponsor so yes they are all relavent.

The "fake" stuff is pretty much the same. I dont like fake things, hence me spending the extra money to buy sticky back carbon. As described before I already have the Japanese version which has light weight alluminium panels and to buy a full carbon bonnet would have only saved me about 2.5 kg and cost alot of money lol.

So yeh, i'm kinda like you in a way mate, but am willing to do things others wont even try. Oh and thought i'd mention, there isn't anything else under the hood going carbon. Just the few bits you have seen. There is no point in making most things look carbon if you can't buy them carbon to begin with. Everything I have covered so far I have managed to find on the net somewhere, made from carbon ;)

But as you said yourself, i think it's cuz your an "old git" lmao ;)

Chers BAD63R

Last edited:
As mentioned in my previous posts, I dont have anything sticker wise on my car unless it's got something to do with the whats on the car. I'm like you and can't stand the shopping list that chavs seem to loove buying. My tuning company is definatly a sponsor sticker as I feel they deserve nothing less than a bit of free advertise for what they hvae done for me. The other 2 are not directly sponsors although I did get my Dump Valve and Air Filter for free from them by asking if they did want to sponsor so yes they are all relavent.

The "fake" stuff is pretty much the same. I dont like fake things, hence me spending the extra money to buy sticky back carbon. As described before I already have the Japanese version which has light weight alluminium panels and to buy a full carbon bonnet would have only saved me about 2.5 kg and cost alot of money lol.

So yeh, i'm kinda like you in a way mate, but am willing to do things others wont even try. Oh and thought i'd mention, there isn't anything else under the hood going carbon. Just the few bits you have seen. There is no point in making most things look carbon if you can't buy them carbon to begin with. Everything I have covered so far I have managed to find on the net somewhere, made from carbon ;)

But as you said yourself, i think it's cuz your an "old git" lmao ;)

Chers BAD63R

Fair comment re stickers.

Carbon jubilee clips? They would be fun, where did you find them? Might save me a few grams :)

Even stick-on carbon is pretending to be something it isn't, but at least it is better than the vinyl stuff! It also adds weight :)

Yeah, I did the stick-on go-faster thing MANY years ago. Now it has to be real and have a purpose other than looking good. However, if it can look good as well so much the better.

As far as the carbon Jubilees, I found a company in America that makes carbon fibre everything, even kitchen kettles lmao. So thats wehere the idea came for those. I thought about the idea of doing the roof as I keep getting loads of feedback from when the bumper and bonnet were done black. dont mind doing the roof black but I think it will look too much if the roof was done in carbon aswell. What do you guys think?

As far as the carbon Jubilees, I found a company in America that makes carbon fibre everything, even kitchen kettles lmao. So thats wehere the idea came for those. I thought about the idea of doing the roof as I keep getting loads of feedback from when the bumper and bonnet were done black. dont mind doing the roof black but I think it will look too much if the roof was done in carbon aswell. What do you guys think?

So, they don't actually make them? That is a shame as replacing all jubilee clip would save around 1Kg.

I think you miss read that pal ;) There is a company in America that make almost everything out of Carbon, thats where the idea came from. They do a set of jubilees for $100 and iirc you get abot 15 of em ;)

I think you miss read that pal ;) There is a company in America that make almost everything out of Carbon, thats where the idea came from. They do a set of jubilees for $100 and iirc you get abot 15 of em ;)

Ah, yes, did misread you :) Do you remember the name of the company?

Oops, did see your reply there mate lol. Yeh teh company is called "Redneck-Racing". Southern based company of corse lol, but from what I gathered they make a fair few bits for the Nascar cars. I found them through looking for tuning companies in Amerca.

Oops, did see your reply there mate lol. Yeh teh company is called "Redneck-Racing". Southern based company of corse lol, but from what I gathered they make a fair few bits for the Nascar cars. I found them through looking for tuning companies in Amerca.

Thanks. Site is down at the moment being re-furbished, but as soon as it is up and running again............