jozie

J

jozie

hi to everyone, my name is Jozie. i am from south africa,

i need some help. i have a rover 820si, i want to know if i can fit a rover 75 engine into it

Hi and welcome.

OOOOOOOOOO a Rover 75 engine??? Id take your time to buy one of them. If it is newish (20k miles or less) then fine. DONT GO ANYWHERE NEER ONE THAT HAs DONE BETWEEN 60K TO 80K! I know quite a few people who have had/got one and they all seem to go during that bracket.

No doubt people on here will disagree with me here. Is there not another type of engine you would prefer to drop in?

hi to everyone, my name is Jozie. i am from south africa,

i need some help. i have a rover 820si, i want to know if i can fit a rover 75 engine into it

Howdo and welcome.

The 800 and the 75 are two utterly different cars, so a 75 engine wouldn't be any easier to put in than any other engine really.

Flog the 820 and get an 827 or 820Ti.

tcsmileysign.gif

Hi and welcome.

OOOOOOOOOO a Rover 75 engine??? Id take your time to buy one of them. If it is newish (20k miles or less) then fine. DONT GO ANYWHERE NEER ONE THAT HAs DONE BETWEEN 60K TO 80K! I know quite a few people who have had/got one and they all seem to go during that bracket.

No doubt people on here will disagree with me here. Is there not another type of engine you would prefer to drop in?

I'll disagree! So what engine are you referring to here? Seeing I have an engine shared by the MGR group then I am doomed as mine has done 78k miles! My family has three cars running KV6 and 4 pot k-series and are all fine. I know enough people running such cars across five different forums to say the only thing to watch are the 4 pot k-series in terms of servicing history and head work done etc.

Anyway I digress, welcome to TC and as said try looking for a different donor vehicle as the engines are different unless you can find an early KV6 engined one to rob parts from, then you could use the later KV6 engine, it'll need the loom and ecu as well as they the VIS set-up as the early KV6 was a single plenum system. If you are looking at the 4 pot change then it would be a 1.8 k-series turbo, would still require some work as the normal route for people these days is to use the t-series turbo engine as found in the 820ti and 620ti and drop it into their newer ones!

I'll disagree! So what engine are you referring to here? Seeing I have an engine shared by the MGR group then I am doomed as mine has done 78k miles! My family has three cars running KV6 and 4 pot k-series and are all fine. I know enough people running such cars across five different forums to say the only thing to watch are the 4 pot k-series in terms of servicing history and head work done etc./QUOTE]

The standord 1.8 petrol ones. I know of 3 that have gone in that bracket. They had a simaler fault with the 1.6 engine on the 200. Is it the same block?

Don't shoot the messinger.....This is just from what I have seen. :embarrest:

The 4 pot k-series is reknowned for head gasket problems if poorly maintained. The later ones ran a reservoir level sensor, whereas the earlier ones did not and there lied the problem. The cooling system is not that great with regards capacity so if a leak occurrs then it may blow the gasket. However there is an uprated multi-layer version available with an improved oil rail developed by Land Rover that put a stop to this happening. Unfortunately once these things surface they spread like wildfire and every car running said engine is doomed!

For the member wanting a suitable conversion it is best to go the KV6 route if looking at 75's or failing that go back to a T-series turbo that will be more straight forward if running a T-series nasp to start with.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back