Jokers to the right, Jokers to the left here we go!

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Sometimes when you're driving along you just seem to be surrounded by idiots!

Is moronity contagious? Does it depend on the time of day?

On the motorway I was literally surrounded by idiots, one on his mobile phone, swerving out of his lane, the guy behind was eating a large sandwich and again was swerving around and they guy in front appeared to have a finger lodged up his nose as well as drinking a take away coffee!

I got out of there as soon as I could!

Quotin Stealer's Wheel it's:

'Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you'.

Gerry Rafferty (of Baker Street 1983 fame) was a leading member of the band.

I have stonger words than clowns and jokers. Most of which would not pass the 9pm watershed test. I even have my own personal expletives for special cases.

^ ^ ^ I cover a lot of miles, just like you do. Too many opportunities to encounter the wide proliferation of village idiots who populate our roads. Behind the wheel of potentially dangerous machines AKA cars.

Not sure there is a solution. There is no specific profile of poor drivers - they come from all walks of life, all ages from 17-170. Male & female alike. Strangely those who could use a bit of additional driver training are those least likely to seek it.

However, and I'm going to post this now.....
Don't anyone EVER get me on the race, creed, colour thing. I am NOT remotely intersted in bigotry or prejudice. That is the biggest nonsense ever, and not just in relation to driving cars and using the roads. Thanks offered to the tabloid redtops for that nonsense!!!! HDi is actively disposed against racism in all forms.

^ ^ ^ I cover a lot of miles, just like you do. Too many opportunities to encounter the wide proliferation of village idiots who populate our roads. Behind the wheel of potentially dangerous machines AKA cars.

Not sure there is a solution. There is no specific profile of poor drivers - they come from all walks of life, all ages from 17-170. Male & female alike. Strangely those who could use a bit of additional driver training are those least likely to seek it.

Sadly they are quite delusional in thinking that they are "good"drivers and one can but question the qualifications of the testing officer/examiner who let them loose on the roads in the first place :confused:

PS most seem to think? that having a license is "a right" when it is actually "a privilege" that should only be given to people that can actually demonstrate the required level of competence behind the wheel.

Sadly they are quite delusional in thinking that they are "good"drivers and one can but question the qualifications of the testing officer/examiner who let them loose on the roads in the first place :confused:

PS most seem to think? that having a license is "a right" when it is actually "a privilege" that should only be given to people that can actually demonstrate the required level of competence behind the wheel.

We all know that good driving is not made from passing a basic test.

We also know that good driving isn't made from having a license to drive for dozens of years.

Experience and real world driving is necesaary for us to develop our skills ..... observation, planning, thiinking etc.

I've covered over 700,000 miles since I passed my basic UK driving test in 1987. I like to think that I am not a great risk to other road users. I do think about my driving. I am also very self critical - look for and analyze the odd fault I make

We all know that good driving is not made from passing a basic test.

We also know that good driving isn't made from having a license to drive for dozens of years.

Experience and real world driving is necesaary for us to develop our skills ..... observation, planning, thiinking etc.

I've covered over 700,000 miles since I passed my basic UK driving test in 1987. I like to think that I am not a great risk to other road users. I do think about my driving. I am also very self critical - look for and analyze the odd fault I make

Sadly critical self examination of ones self in all things is not too common as IMO most seem fast to find fault in others behavior and excuses for their own.
I stopped counting and most likely have driven a similar amount of miles in the past 58 years since gaining a license.