Jim's XN

Mmh, maybe i should post some progress on the car. And what i've been doing, was going to leave it for a while till i had done a lot of stuff, but oh well, ill post it now. Here she is stock standard after i got her:

Side.jpg

Front.jpg

BackCorner.jpg

Then i got the badges off

Rear_Debadged.jpg

Now for the bigger change ;):

Bonet_Open.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003_avatar.jpg

New alloys :D

Also planing on colour coding bumpers, so order myself a set of bumpers from later models, after some sanding:

Photo-0066.jpg

Photo-0068.jpg

Now they need filled and primed ready for soem top coat after i strip the front bumper.

As by standard XNs have no rev counter and instead a big old analoge clock. So got hold of some white dials from a 106 GTi with a rev counter and fitted that yesterday, works magical. Dont have pics up yet.

And finnaly:

Photo-0072.jpg

This is the proposed postion of the air injection kit, however i need some hosing which i have ordered and am waiting arrival of before i fit it.

Also, im in the middle of colour coding my mirror covers which are in the hut right now waiting on primer to dry over night. ;)

Finnaly got the induction kit fitted, looks quite neat sitting in there, need to cut the tubing a bit though:

Photo-0080.jpg

Nah, there not on yet mate, still need filled/primed/sprayed/laquered :p

That's them just sanded up so they are ready to be filled. Hoping to do that today if its not raining :(

8) 8) 8) 8) ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh nicccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccce riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

Have been busy working a lot recently, not much time to be on the computer these days. Anyway. New filter arrive, here's the old one and the new one, and after i fixed the flexi tubing so it sits better:

Photo-0091.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

Heh, need to give the engine bay a little clean. :D

My black mirror covers aswelll were not the nicest, so they had to be sprayed:
Photo-0073.jpg

And then put on:
IMG_1017.jpg

Got myself some new white dials as well to replace the hideous analoge clock.
Before:
Interior.jpg

After:
IMG_1020.jpg

The calipers and drums were very rusty, here is my drums after one of them had been wire brushed:
Photo-0095.jpg

Then painted:
Photo-0096.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

This is how it looks right now with the calipers painted as well as the drums.
IMG_1016.jpg

Yes i know it needs it clean :p.

Also got some 40mm lowering springs on their way. And im in the middle of freshening up the interior by spraying a lot of and replacing the door cards and maybe the seats. However might just get some covers as i dont want to over spend on the car.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back