Jeep Grand Cherokee Performance Tuning & Mechanic Basing

X

xyberpix

Hi All,

I've got a '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I picked up for dirt cheap, and well to be honest it does need work, it goes, well it did until today, so I ordered a new battery and I'm hoping that'll solve the stalling problem.

What I'm looking for though is any recomendations for any mechanics in Basingtoke or close to that would be willing to help me work on this as a project, and get it performance tuned and help me solve all the issues that need to be fixed on it?

Any ideas/thoughts welcome.

TIA

hey stalling probs usually arent to do with battery as power would be taken off the alternator

could be fueling: pump, injectors, filter blocked , spark ( if it petrol ) or HT (ignition leads/ wires) dizzy cap, rotor arm or ignition coil.
head gasket can cause probs until its warm ( well ave had that prob and my mechanic reckoned the gasket had a slight crack )

Welcome to the site - its nice to have you along.

I was thinking it sounds more like an alternator issue if indeed it is electrical. Check the voltage from the alternator it should hover around 13v if I remember correctly. Check also that there is a good earth connection.

Hi
mine was stalling, cutting out randomly, turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor. It was an awkward bitch to change because my hand and arm was too big to get up to it, luckily i have a good wife with small hands who came to the rescue.
stew