JDM twin turbo vr4 galant HELP

galantv6tt

hi i want to fit a twin piston dump valve do i need to remove the original and blank off the hoses also will i have over fuelling issues or stalling any help greatly appreciated

if the car has a standard dump valve (BOV) then it will fit in the same place and shouldnt need any hoses blanked off. if it has a recircutating valve or diverter valve (DV) that puts the charge back into the manifold you will need a fitting kit. shouldnt have any problems with stalling.

if you replace a DV with a BOV then yes you may find the car runs slightly rich. this is because the engine is looking for the extra air in the manifold, which now isnt there

Hi there Galantv6TT and welcome to Torquecars. I think you would be better of with a progressive boost controller if your aim is have a steady boost of power.

Is yours a JDM import one? (Where are you from?)

Welcome to TorqueCars Monty - nice to have you along. Any chance of a Photo of your car for the main site (webmaster(a) t o r q u e c a r s , c o m) PLEASE!?

Is yours a JDM import one? (Where are you from?)

Welcome to TorqueCars Monty - nice to have you along. Any chance of a Photo of your car for the main site (webmaster(a) t o r q u e c a r s , c o m) PLEASE!?

i cant figure out how to add pics. i can only add a profile pic

Monty - the pic uploads require members to have 10 posts. Post a little light hearted spam or get stuck into the polls or general chat and you'll have 10 posts in no time.

I'd still be very interested if you could email me a pic to webmaster@this site so I can use it in our Galant article, I've been trying to track one down for ages. ;)

Monty - the pic uploads require members to have 10 posts. Post a little light hearted spam or get stuck into the polls or general chat and you'll have 10 posts in no time.

I'd still be very interested if you could email me a pic to webmaster@this site so I can use it in our Galant article, I've been trying to track one down for ages. ;)

i sent the pics to webmaster a torquecars.com subject: vr4 v6 twin turbo{monty's} mine has brembo brakes all round not sure if thats factory or not

Last edited by a moderator:

im not sure what you mean by a JDM import. i got it from my mate in brisbane. goldstarautos.com.au it is a import. hard to find any parts for it.

a JDM stands for Japanese domestic market. these are usually higher tuned than the standard European ones. so Most if not all are imports.

if your struggling for parts then it could well be

I got the pics thanks for that Monty. There should be a reply in your inbox. The pics are up on the galant article and I will post them up here for you as well.

I got the pics thanks for that Monty. There should be a reply in your inbox. The pics are up on the galant article and I will post them up here for you as well.

Thanks wayne. I was a member of sau when i had my skyline. we done cruises, show and shines, dyno days, skid pan days and heaps of other stuff. Does this club do any of this

We are still a bit thinly spread to have a presence. Some of our members get together at shows and meet up on a local scale. I do plan to arrange some track days etc... we just need to get a few more members. (We get about 10-12 new members per day now so the numbers are picking up very quickly.)

We are still a bit thinly spread to have a presence. Some of our members get together at shows and meet up on a local scale. I do plan to arrange some track days etc... we just need to get a few more members. (We get about 10-12 new members per day now so the numbers are picking up very quickly.)

I think i just noticed somethin. this isn't a australia forum is

We have members from the UK (that's where I am), Sweden, Netherlands, USA, Canada, Australia. We are probably one of the most global tuning sites out there :) You can be our local Toowoomba rep if you want.

We have members from the UK (that's where I am), Sweden, Netherlands, USA, Canada, Australia. We are probably one of the most global tuning sites out there :) You can be our local Toowoomba rep if you want.

LOL toowoomba is only a small country town. All of probally 10 imports getting around. they are all skylines and 180sx and a couple of supras

i need help finding performance parts for my 2000 mitsubishi legnum 2.5 vr4... please help me ! im in the us and have nothing here but people trying to tell me they have to custom build this and that... is there anything out there ne where around the world?