Jap Or Euro?

Right, typical Jap styling will involve a body kit of some sort. But the body kit won't just be bolted on, it will look the mut's nuts. A set or rims (although this applys to almost any style), these rims will most likely be the best size vs handling compromise. A lot of Jap styling does involve some kind of vinyl/decals (stickers). Unfortunately a lot of people use stickers belonging to parts they've not used. This is more immitation and should not be done. Jap styling also involves attention to detail. Carbon fibre is very popular among Jap styling fanatics and you'll often see a carbon fibre bonnet on a Jap car. This is because the owner knows they are making their car lighter, and often doesn't care about the grey looking bonnet. Various paint colours and combinations are also associated with Jap styling. Examples include white, black and red, green and purple two-tone and at the moment red and black is very JDM. Bright, flashy colours are also often used, other examples being the green Eclipse and orange Supra from The Fast and The Furious.

Thanks! Jap styling can also be broken down into specific cars. OEM styling is actually becoming quite popular. For example, if you had a R34 Skyline GTR... why would you change the GTR body kit that is already on the car?

SS850777.jpg

I prefer the jap style look's more sophisticated although the smooth euro lines does look ok to an extent but it could just be the car

I like Jap style with Euro influences.

I like bodykits if they are all smoothed in and work with the lines of the car. Lip kits are preferable but they are not really Jap style.

Bright colours and carbon bonnets are fine too so long as the colours don't clash and the interior has only accents and not completely painted.

I prefer staggered rims, slightly larger than stock as opposed to small wheels and stretched tyres.

Also like cleaning all the clutter like door handles, aerials, emblems etc which is more Euro than Jap.

I'm not much for decals and things, but I would have them on my car if I was representing a tuning company or taking my car on the track and had sponsors.

Any stickers relating to parts I have fitted would be located on the underside of the hood, if I was so inclined.

I've often thought about airbag suspension, but I'd rather have a stiff ride that corners well than a nice stance in a car park.

So bit of both for me.

Just gotta get the rust sorted now so people don't start thinking I'm into the rat look!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back