Jaguar V12 engine HELP

ashemoto

Car
VW Polo 1.2
Hi,
I am not quite sure how this works but I am a fast learner so I hope you guys will be patient if i screw up now and again.

My urgent need is some help with a car that i am helping out with.
The engine is a Jaguar Series 3 E Type V 12.
I have come in after the engine was restored by Montague Motors, in Wilford UK. I am based in India. I have good experience with similar engines and some but have never worked on a Jaguar before.
The engine has no oil pressure and after the usual checks this friend of mine called on me to help.
The oil pump has two connections. One to the oil filter and the second to the small sump which is described as an oil cooler, this has a round pipe which connects higher up to the feed pipe from the main sump.
Oil from the filter's relief valve empties into this small sump (oil cooler) from where obviously it has to be recycled to the oil pump through this pipe. Common sense suggests that there should be a non return valve in this pipe. But there is nothing there.
Being new here I am not sure whether I can include some images to clarify the problem.
Any help, suggestions would be hugely appreciated
Thanks guys

Ashraf

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Thank you for your message
hopefully someone out there would have come across a similar issue or may just be familiar with the particular engine to be able to help

Thank you
I am sure some help will be available

Ashraf