It's official No more Z

Wcnwzrd

Track Warrior
Car
95 300zx TT (RIP)
Just got off the phone with the insurance company. They feel it would be more economical to total out my z than to pay for it to get fixed. :( i will miss her and i have until monday to get my stuff out of the car. looks like im going to have a busy weekend. Even though i reported all the mods that i put into the car they are only giving me the stock value so i'm gonna pull everything i put on her off before they can come and get her. going to need lots of redbull. What do you all think, can i do a complete teardown in aprox 3 days. I have to work everyday til friday, 13 hour days.

In the UK we can buy back the salvage from the insurer depending on what category of write off it is.

You have a major job ahead of you stripping down the car. Would the insurer offer you cash in Lieu of repair? I think they deduct the scrap value from their offer and let you keep the car. Then its off to find a nice cheap bodyshop. Insurance do new for old so if you can live with resprayed used wings and doors you will do ok out of it.

it wouldn't be worth repair on my own, see image below. not my car just for example. mine has about the same damage just not as severe and lost the front fender as well.

Attachments

• z crash.jpg
    z crash.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 8
Sorry to hear that this is a real shame, all that investment of time and money just gone! Good luck with the stripping it down.

im going for the high price and hard to find items first. mainly my engine/suspension mods then i will worry about the others. stereo will be an easy pull so no biggy there. i have the engine pulled and the turbos/exhaust are off already working on the iternals now. wife nearly had a heart attack when i came in last night at midnight. anywhere not covered by clothing had grease smears and even some places that were.

Wont the insurers be suspicious that the car only weighs 200 kilos when they collect it?

the wrecking yard is collecting it, and i still have all the stock parts, they just won't be on it. prolly stuff em in the trunk or the passenger area. they never said i had to leave my part on it, and since they are only paying me the value of a bone stock one im not gonna give em anything that wasn't stock if i can help it.