its driving me insane the ticking

ipara

Car
mitsubishi gto N/A
Hi looking for some advice on a 93 gto n/a when using the key fob to unlock the car it constantly ticks unlocking and locking the doors stops for a minute once keys are in the ignition and then starts up again until you manually lock the doors.
Not sure if this would be the central locking solinoid or something to do with the toad alarm that has been installed any advice?????????????

I would have thought it was the solenoid. Does it do this every time you use it? What about if you open the door with a key, then press unlock on the keyfob?

Are any of the door locks sticking?

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

So you only had this problem since the Toad alarm was installed? If so then it may just the central locking interface that they have used. Give them a call to see if it is adjustable for the lock and unlock trigger pulse.

it was fine after the alarm was installed just started doing it think i might get a auto electrian to have a looksie.
any idea where abouts the solinoid is????

it was fine after the alarm was installed just started doing it think i might get a auto electrian to have a looksie.
any idea where abouts the solinoid is????

The solenoid will be inside the door and attached to the rod that pulls the door lock. Out of curiosity, pull the cable of the back of the solenoid on the drivers side front door and leave the window open just in-case. Close the door and try the keyfob and see what happens.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back