It's been a while

Davsurfa

Torque Junkie
Car
Hyundai Coupe 2.0l
Aloha, I used to come on here when I had an Audi A3 which I've since changed to a Hyundai Coupe Gen1 2.0. Loving the Coupe!! I've had it about 5 months now and I've been busy modding it. When I got it it was completely standard except for a DVD headunit.
Now though it's changed a bit and is still changing. I've done the usual, gearbox shift mod, throttlebody mod, slave cylinder mod and then I've made my own front, middle and rear strut braces, made my own short shifter and eyebrows, fitted a twin mushroom induction kit, wet shot nitrous kit, 12" sub and amp, fitted 17's, tinted rear lights, oil temp gauge, water temp gauge, additional rev counter, shift light and I've got an adjustable fuel regulator and a spoiler off an F2 EVO and an air/fuel mixture gauge to go on next. Then I'll be looking at an oil pressure monitor and internal/external temp gauge.

Anyways thought I'd say hi to the new crowd :bigsmile:

Hello there and welcome back nice to hear from you.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already in the pipeline.

You will have to post us up some pics though.

Always happy to show off.

This is how it started

IMG00281.jpg

Rear strut

IMG253.jpg

Middle strut

Photo1396.jpg

Front strut with CAI

Photo1383.jpg

Brighter interior

Photo1377.jpg

It's even pretty at night

DSC_0235.jpg

Spoilerless

DSC_0264.jpg

Bumper mounted brake light(neon-ish)

DSC_0282.jpg

Eyebrow spoilers

DSC_0299.jpg

Just a little bit of noise

DSC_0418.jpg

And an extra little bit of go!!

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

Still gotta look pretty at night

DSC_0413.jpg

Just a couple of gauges to tell me what's what

DSC_0455.jpg

And the shift light being installed

DSC_0453.jpg

The engine bay as it stood until the twin 'shroom filters went in

DSC_0464.jpg

The downside to having the incorrect Nos/fuel mixture

DSC_0463.jpg

welcome back mate.
lets see some pics of it then ;)

what do you mean by middle strut brace ? and slave cylinder mod?

Thank you very much for the warm welcome :bigsmile: The middle strut brace basically sits in front of the back seat between the B pillars.

The slave cylinder mod: On the Hyundai, and probably on other cars too, in the clutch slave cylinder there is a spring and resistor plug so that when changing gear on a "spirited" drive the clutch releases a fraction slower to make the shift smoother. All you do is remove the cylinder, remove the banjo bolt and push the plunger. From the banjo bolt end you will get a squirt of clutch fluid, a small spring and a the resistor plug. After retrieving these items, carefully collect them up and place them safely in the nearest dustbin. Next put the banjo bolt back in and bolt the cylinder back in place and bleed up as normal.
Now the clutch will feel lighter and more responsive and when you take your "spirited" drive and you shift quicker than normal the biting point is MUCH lower and sooooooo much better :cheesy: Job's a good 'un!!

Looks like you've been busy there. Thanks for posting up the pics. I prefer this model to the most recent one.:D

The nos should be giving me around 65-75bhp but I haven't had it on a RR yet.

Yeah the fuel jet was at 0.18 and the nos at 0.36. The fuel is now 0.22 and new plugs are in. The initial kick is less but the power feels a lot more.

As for the Gen1, it's all about the curves ;)

see i think i prefer the 2nd gen of these. the kick willl be less as there is less power by running the mix at optimum mix however the temps will be much lower

thanks for the info about the slave mod. seen the middle strut in the pics

Twin filters. Is that so you can suck in twice as much hot air?

Yup but it's ok cuz if I'm going for performance I have a fool proof method of cooling the intake temp.

"An extra bonus of nitrous oxide is the lowering of the intake temperature. When released from a pressurized bottle, the temperature of nitrous oxide drops to around minus 125 degrees, which can cool the overall intake charge by as much as 65 degrees, resulting in even more horsepower."

And when gas is turned off I can honestly say I haven't noticed any difference between having a single cone low down in the engine bay and having the twin setup I have now.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back