Is your engine clean

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
Just what is it like in your engine bay, is it clean? Do you really care about how clean your engine is? Does a clean engine last longer than a dirty one?

Mine is pretty grubby and a friend says I should clean it but I really can't be arsed especially since noone really ever gets to see it.

No bloody filthy. Normally clean both bays but been too busy to do either:

280720111143.jpg

Missing a turbo and a boost hose mind lol. That hose is not as clean as it looks in the pic either haha.

I'm afraid not, mines pretty dirty as it is a functional engine bay and not a show car. I do give it a clean now and then to remove the road dirt and to ensure all is well with no leaks etc. But I do not polish it or coat it at all, that'll be making a rod for my own back!

Lovely and clean, but I doubt it will stay that way as I won't be making a point of cleaning it.

Mine is filthy at the moment. I do try to clean it out every once in a blue moon but haven't had the time as of late. About the only things a clean engine does is a) look cool and b) makes it easier to spot leaks. Gotta be careful when cleaning though. Had one of the new guys on my ship blast out a gasket with a pressure washer because it wasn't clean enough for him. Spent an extra 4 hours getting a new one from the store and installing it then had to reclean the engine lol.

MasterAuron, I just noticed that the picture of your engine doesn't seem to be a 5 cylinder focus RS engine?!?!?!? correct me if I'm wrong.

i know me lad i read all of the rules and bits as i like to stick to them also just wanting to get to know people before i put pics up as there could be weirdos on here lmao
si

It looks like I've been shown up here, I suppose I best get out the tooth brush and give it a once over.

It looks like I've been shown up here, I suppose I best get out the tooth brush and give it a once over.

Just buy 5litres of Aceton Acid, pour over the engine, wait 5min and rinse, job done ;)

The only problem you may face is replacing all plastic and rubber components as they may melt, slightly, but engine will shine like new ;)

:eek: I'm shocked, I've never ever allowed a car of mine to get so dirty it blends in with the countryside around it.