Is tuning a 1.0 Seat Arosa worth it?

Tranzit

Car
Arosa 1.0 [03 Reg]
Hi guys,

I've got a Seat Arosa 1.0l, have had it a couple of years now and I've been pondering tuning it a bit to get more performance.

I've been doing some research into the matter and have found that people do tune Arosas and Lupos but they seem to be the 1.4l models and up.

I don't want to do anything extreme, I'm considering induction, brakes and suspension for more acceleration, better stopping and improved handling but is it really worth it on a 1 litre model?

Maybe I should look into an engine swap and rebuild a 1.4l engine myself. (Baring in mind that I have no experience of this)

Cheers,
T

No.

Welcome by the way. You will be wasting your money trying to tune a 1 litre engine and won't notice anything gained, acceleration wise, from an induction kit. If i were you, i'd either save the money for a new car or (if you're fond of your arosa) get an engine swap.

Even then with a 1.4 you won't have alot of options for gaining much performance, unless you go down the forced induction route.

Blunt and to the point, I like it!

I'll save for a new car. Any ideas with regards to small hatchbacks with a bit of poke?

as said theres no really point in tring to tune up the 1 ltr. you could always, im guessing it might be your 1st car here, use it to learn so basic stuff. ie if the brakes are passed their best look at changing them or even uprating them. same with the suspension.

Blunt and to the point, I like it!

I'll save for a new car. Any ideas with regards to small hatchbacks with a bit of poke?

Lots of choice. Budget? Lupo GTi would be ideal for you if you have 4-5k spare. Not a properly quick hot-hatch but got a bit of poke about it. Good build quality, reliable, reasonable on fuel....

To late to the thread but I'll say hello anyway. Nice to meet you.

As a previous corsa lover, i'd say (obviously) a decent corsa 1.6 or cheap 1.0 litre then swap the engine,

If thats not your thing, peugeot 206 or something similar. Honestly i'm not the best for advice at the moment haha.

Food for thought, a decent lupo gti with really low suspension and smalls rims for a kind of dcm look is aesthetically pleasent :lol:

Hi guys, thanks for the input, sorry I've not been back particularly sharpish.

Tis a shame it's not worth tuning my little Arosa, but it doesn't surprise me, I like the car, it's just not got enough go.

It's actually my 3rd car, after 2 crashes, the second of which was my fault putting my insurance up a lot as a "young" driver (25 next year - hoping that'll bring it down) and only driving for 3 and a half years.

Anyhoo, when I was looking for the Arosa I drove a Lupo 1.4 and that put a smile on my face, so thank you for mentioning the Lupo GTi, need to do a bit more research about it, test a few but it looks spot on!

I don't want masses of power as it reduces fuel economy and I commute 30 miles to and from work a day at the moment.

I've tried a 1.4 petrol 206 and a 2.0 TDi version and I'm not too keen on them, that's the only Peugeot I'd consider. Corsa could be an option though, not really considered one before.

the lupo gti i thinks a 1.6 102bhp so shouldnt be too bad in something light like the lupo - think it is about the same weight as the arsoa so you will feel the difference.
know the feeling i turned 25 the month after my renewal was due last year so still got lumped in the under 25 bracket

the lupo gti i thinks a 1.6 102bhp so shouldnt be too bad in something light like the lupo - think it is about the same weight as the arsoa so you will feel the difference.
know the feeling i turned 25 the month after my renewal was due last year so still got lumped in the under 25 bracket

From what I've read it's 125bhp on paper which is plenty for me at the moment, I think I've got 65bhp (maybe less) which is probably reduced by now. I think I'll notice a hefty difference by doubling up :p

Still struggling to find reviews, I've got 1 so far, might be able to get a better look when I'm finished work.

I turn 25 before my renewal so I'm quite chuffed about that. Managed to get 17 quid back from my policy for moving to a nicer area recently, woo!:D

From what I've read it's 125bhp on paper which is plenty for me at the moment, I think I've got 65bhp (maybe less) which is probably reduced by now. I think I'll notice a hefty difference by doubling up :p
:D

I think they did them in 5-speed and 6-speed, but go for a 6-speed as it's a lower ratio box. Here you go fella:

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/19731/volkswagen_lupo_gti_6spd.html

I'm not sure what insurance companies some of you guys are going with but I had a modified grp 14 Punto GT at 19 0yncb, and a grp 15 Alfa Romeo GT at 20 with 1yncb and it didn't exactly break the bank.

I think they did them in 5-speed and 6-speed, but go for a 6-speed as it's a lower ratio box. Here you go fella:

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/19731/volkswagen_lupo_gti_6spd.html

I'm not sure what insurance companies some of you guys are going with but I had a modified grp 14 Punto GT at 19 0yncb, and a grp 15 Alfa Romeo GT at 20 with 1yncb and it didn't exactly break the bank.

Yeah, I found that review after some harder digging, but yeah, the 5-speed was in production for about 2 years I think, would certainly by preferable.

I generally go with the cheapest option available, dependant on the finer policy details. I've only been driving for 3 and a half years and had 2 crashes 6 months about in my second year of driving, one wasn't my fault but after the second the cheapest insurance I could get was over £700 and that was on the 1.0 Arosa I have now! 1 years no claims on it brought it down to around £450, getting better but still quite high for my income!

hi friends
in my opinion you should find toyota starlet glanza 18 turbo make your own exhaust manifold and without changing anything inside your engine play around 0,4 bar of pressure with a simple boost controler! then uprate exhaust and if you want to make more power the change your connection rods with "XC" compatible for your car( they can take up to 500hp as much as they say on the box!) hope i've helped!

Cheers!

Shame to see it is quite pointless tuning a 1ltr arosa/lupo because i was planning on getting a lupo for my first car next month and modding it up a bit :p