Is this a scam

johndfleck

Car
s600
Hello,
Thank you very much for your reply to me ,

I am willing to buy it from you,but i hope the car is just the way you say it is,because i will not be available to check it up and pay cash,due to that I am presently on a church missionary program attached to Norwich Cathedral,but I will be paying you through my paypal online payment system.

So you are to reply me with your email linked to your paypal account to enable me make the payment,and with your address for pick up,as I will arrange the shipping my self.

I will email a Shipping Agent here at Abels Shipping of Watton,with your address so he can estimate the shipping cost for me,so dont forget to include your address when you reply with your email linked to paypal for payment,as i will need your address before payment.

And the shipping agent will come for the pick up after payment,so please e mail me with the information soon,and also give me your private phone number so i can call you when ever i want to.

I look forward to hearing from you soon .

Very best wishes,

Fred Millar

Hi and welcome

I am a very suspicious person when it comes to things like this. How about suggesting that for a small deposit you will hold the car until he gets back? If he is genuine this should be acceptable (he won't need it at the moment, will he?) ?

Have you tried contacting Norwich cathredral to check?

http://www.cathedral.org.uk/aboutus/who-does-what-at-the-cathedral-key-staff.aspx

I only accept cash for car sales as there is no way the buyer can cancel the payment (Paypal payments can be recalled).

I would rather lose a sale than a car!

Lol pretty sure it's a scam! No cash, no dash!

Also reading it through the language seems non-native. More like a Nigerian trying to speak very good English :lol:

welcome
as said not a chance. it sounds like the youve won the nigerian lottery please give me your details and £100.000 and ill put the £10 bazzion in your account tomorrow

The scam here is where he sends an additional payment for you to pay to the shipping agent. The shipping agents collects the car, then the payment to you from the original buyer is reversed, charge back or on a stolen card and you are left with no car and have paid out money to a "shipping agent".

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back