Is the world going SUV mad

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is it with SUV's and all the new "crossover" models? Does this says something about the state of our roads or is it just a fashion trend?

Does a white Touareg look like a domestic appliance to anyone else?

What about the Tiguan, the CRV, The Duke and all the other normal sized cars with high roofs and jacked up suspension. Do you like them?

all a waste of time really

if you need a 4x4 most of the time you get a landrover
or if you want a big car you get a estate

most of them dont have that much room inside

want say i wont get one as i never know what i buy

Nope! Not my cup of tea. I can understand them for older people, or people with back problems, but as an every day family car, what the hell is wrong with a mondao, a vectra, a passatt, a V70, a 406, a Mitsibuisi Evolution :)blink1:). I mean come on. There is already pleanty of choice out there, I think it is a market that is not needed.

They have a place. I guess people with big cars are looking for something smaller and cheaper to run around in but they still need the interior space and carrying capacity.

It's the SUV's without any real capability I don't understand. You compromise handling on-road compared to a car and gain no real off-road ability. If your going to buy an SUV, buy a real one - not one of these half arsed 4-wheel-drive 'occasionally when the computer wakes up' pieces of junk..