Is my fuel economy good, bad or about right ? I drive a diesel focus

Blimey, to me the car works are starting to look like an uneconomical repair i.e. cost more than the value of the car. You must really like it! I hope this all works out for you :)

Blimey, to me the car works are starting to look like an uneconomical repair i.e. cost more than the value of the car. You must really like it! I hope this all works out for you :)
It is already uneconomical as at present have already spent over £1800 on repairs and I paid £1800 for the car, only had it 9 months. I feel committed to it now though despite my mum telling me to get rid and get a newer car on finance, I would like to but wouldn't want to. besides my Nan gave me the money for this car.

I am starting to hate it actually, more so because it 's not reaching as good as a mpg as it should be and I bought this car because I liked the mpg it was said to get

Give it 4 or 5 weeks and you can have mine for 500 quid. It might be older but its only done 66k, yearly service, everything ever needed has been done and its the ghia trim so aircon, heated front screen, elecwindows all round etc. I'd only get 500 on trade in but its worth more than that for what it is.

Give it 4 or 5 weeks and you can have mine for 500 quid. It might be older but its only done 66k, yearly service, everything ever needed has been done and its the ghia trim so aircon, heated front screen, elecwindows all round etc. I'd only get 500 on trade in but its worth more than that for what it is.
yes, so it is due a timing belt replacement.

What year is it.

Besides, even though you say it a reliable car, knowing my luck it will probably fail catastrophically on me instantly via no fault of my own.

thanks for the offer though, if I was to change my car I'd a car on finance.

regards

yes, so it is due a timing belt replacement.

What year is it.

Besides, even though you say it a reliable car, knowing my luck it will probably fail catastrophically on me instantly via no fault of my own.

thanks for the offer though, if I was to change my car I'd a car on finance.

regards

No bud, cambelt done. Below is what it has had down the years since we bought it at 18 months old, receipts and stamps to prove. It is a 2004 1.8TDCI Ghia with 66k. For the year it is very well-equipped. There are the odd carpark dings but no rust. There really is nothing wrong with it, I just want a change to a nice, wafty auto. Someone else could get years more out of it though. All used cars are a risk but I would sell it with a clear conscience as I know right now it's sound. I have also had it remapped from 115bhp to 140bhp, mild remap, better mpg and better midrange pull. I would sell it privately on Autotrader or Ebay but frankly I can't be doing with the hassle and time, having to arrange test drives and the like. So it'll go for 500 to a dealer who'll then list it at 1500 and take a grand for it.

Service.
Service.
Service. Oil, air, pollen.
Service. Oil, air, pollen, rear pads.
Service. Oil, air, fuel, pollen, brake fluid.
Service. Oil, air, replace exhaust.
Service. Oil, air.
Aircon regas
Coil springs all round. Rear antiroll bar drop links. O/S front top suspension mounting. Front discs and pads.
Service. Oil, air.
Parrot bluetooth fitted.
Front anti-roll bar drop links
Service. Oil, air, fuel, pollen. CAMBELT and auxiliary belt.
Rear brake discs and pads
Service. Oil, air, pollen. N/S track rod end replacement. Tracking
Replace thermostat and housing and renew coolant.
New Catalyst, flexipipe and full exhaust.

No bud, cambelt done. Below is what it has had down the years since we bought it at 18 months old, receipts and stamps to prove. It is a 2004 1.8TDCI Ghia with 66k. For the year it is very well-equipped. There are the odd carpark dings but no rust. There really is nothing wrong with it, I just want a change to a nice, wafty auto. Someone else could get years more out of it though. All used cars are a risk but I would sell it with a clear conscience as I know right now it's sound. I have also had it remapped from 115bhp to 140bhp, mild remap, better mpg and better midrange pull. I would sell it privately on Autotrader or Ebay but frankly I can't be doing with the hassle and time, having to arrange test drives and the like. So it'll go for 500 to a dealer who'll then list it at 1500 and take a grand for it.

Service.
Service.
Service. Oil, air, pollen, rear pads.
Service. Oil, air, fuel, pollen, brake fluid.
Service. Oil, air, replace exhaust.
Service. Oil, air.
Aircon regas
Coil springs all round. Rear antiroll bar drop links. O/S front top suspension mounting. Front discs and pads.
Service. Oil, air.
Parrot bluetooth fitted.
Front anti-roll bar drop links
Service. Oil, air, fuel, pollen. CAMBELT and auxiliary belt.
Rear brake discs and pads
Service. Oil, air, pollen. N/S track rod end replacement. Tracking
Replace thermostat and housing and renew coolant.
New Catalyst, flexipipe and full exhaust.
Hi mate

When was the timing belt replaced , I can't see it listed above ?

thanks

Last edited:
^^ I do hope that you are not infurring that anything underhanded is going on here Fastlife91? Yugguy is a long standing member of this forum and whose integrity is without question.

T9

No worries - I just pasted in a column from the spreadsheet I keep of all the work done on it.

Cambelt was:
06/05/14 50375 Service. Oil, air, fuel, pollen. CAMBELT and auxiliary belt.