Is my car being sabotaged

s21971p

Car
Exterra
I am having a lot of front main oil seals blow and I now believe they are being sabotaged

Maybe a blast of high pressure air up the tailpipe? Or is this just an unreal coincidence.

How would you sabotage a car if you wanted to do it undetected?

Last edited by a moderator:
XThe reason is I am having a lot of front main oil seals blow and I now believe they are being sabotaged maybe a blast of high pressure air up the tailpipe? Or is this just an unreal coincidence. In the past 30 years with many many used cars and no noticeable front main seal leaks I have 3 in one year and 2 of them in 30 days how could this be caused on purpose maybe I could prevent any future incidents

XThe reason is I am having a lot of front main oil seals blow and I now believe they are being sabotaged maybe a blast of high pressure air up the tailpipe? Or is this just an unreal coincidence. In the past 30 years with many many used cars and no noticeable front main seal leaks I have 3 in one year and 2 of them in 30 days how could this be caused on purpose maybe I could prevent any future incidents

Ummm, are you being serious? If so, I will be interested in how you consider blowing high pressure air into the tailpipe will affect an engine seal, as there is no direct connection. This would have the same effect as trying to open a car door with half a tennis ball or a phone. Actually, you can open a locked car door with a phone, but only if you can smash the glass with it :)

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know the car and engine involved.

Driving at high RPM on a cold brand new engine will play havok with oil seals. I might move this to a new thread for you, as it will get more replies as it's own topic.

3 different cars all used one had seal completely out I was wondering because some exhaust valves would be open if a cheeta tire bead seater which has over 100lbs pressure and quite a bit of volume could blow out seal up exhaust It’s seems it would be hard if not impossible to pry seal out with harmonic balacer in place two of the vehicles less than 100,000 miles and 2 in same month I also have had dents beat in vehicles sitting in my driveway so there is a history here I could go on about that but I’m sure you get the point oh and you would probably break your phone

Typically with the valves, an exhaust would be almost fully open, one would be partially closed and an intake will be closed and partially open, it depends on the cycle of the engine, any pressure in the engine would dissipate through the path of least resistance, usually the crank case ventilation filter, or the open intake so I don't think air could possibly damage the seals.

Acid in the oil could damage ALL the seals, not just a few and it would corrode other engine components as well.

What is your driving style?

A 12:1 compression ratio engine can push around 200psi of pressure in the cylinder, before combustion, so the seals are built to withstand quite a bit of pressure anyway.

That is correct I will fix and hopefully that is the end of it I just have never had issues like this with those seals even with all the old cars I have had over the years

I think it's just a bad run and down to luck. I will snip this into a new thread for you though.

I doubt it is sabotage. But if you are seriously concerned someone is trying to mess with your ride invest a CCTV system where you park. Home camera systems are really cheap now and a lot cheaper than repairing damage caused by a saboteur. Plus you can then give footage to the police and push for charges of criminal damage.

P.S. Your longer posts would be easier to read if you use some punctuation. Use a few commas and full stops, at the appropriate places ;)