Is it worth it?

dshankar

Would it be worth it to tune & style my old 2001 corolla? It's got like 120hp, light weight and in awesome condition. I'm thinking repaint, vinyls, sport tires & rims, and do some engine mods, all for between ~5k (maybe 7k?). But is that worth the money and the effort? How much power can I crank out of it? I'm probably looking to hit 200hp or slightly higher.

Comments? I could probably get a bad condition 90s mustang for the same price lol...

You will have more fun doing up the Mustang. To hit the 200bhp you will certainly need to add some forced induction (A turbo or supercharger). The Corolla is a nice car but there are not many tuning parts available for it unfortunately.

Would it look stupid if I styled it but didn't tune it? I know Corollas are laughable in terms of street racing cars.

I've seen some nice work done on Corollas in the Styling area so it would still be a good project. I even had a lowly 1.3gs myself for a few years.

Not sure in your part of the world - I think you are looking to import the parts you need if there are no shops near to you.

Do you have/know of websites that have pictures of styled corollas? I have no idea what looks stupid on a corolla and what looks acceptable.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back