is a honda accord vtec sport a good buy?

H

harris

hi i have never owned a honda and found an honest accord vetec sport 52 plate with 76000 miles for £2250. i am not really into sporty cars but its a nice honest car so please any tips welcome.
it has low profile tyres but can i put on normal ones?
is there any obvious things to look for?
thanks james

Re: is a honda accord vetec sport a good buy?

It sounds like a good buy to me.

Why don't you want low profile tyres on? They are a bit noisier than standard but grip better. If you want higher profile tyres you need to get a smaller rim to keep the overall rotational size the same or your speedo will be out.

welcome
i dont think the sport is really that sporty i doubt that the low profile tyres would actually cause you any issues

Sport means they've added extra little bits of trim. No difference to the engine mate. Mileage and year vs the price it seems quite good. Things to look for with Hondas are how clean the engine bay is (shows it been looked after) and check service history. Check all the usual things you would when buying any other car as well.

accords are cruisers, not abusers, i know, i had 3 of them
the only accord thats worth talking about is the jdm euro r

not saying their not a nice car, they are, but only if your willing to drive normal
what sport means in a lot of models is, more trim as prince said

hi,
i had an 04 2.0 se tourer from new a few years back .the 2.0 sport is really sporty in trim only.nothing wrong with that but for similar money you could go exec trim.but tis your choice. i have now an 04 cdti tourer exec so as you can tell i like em and so does the wife. the only "fault" i had with the vtec is fuel consumption.its not the best but you do get the return of good performance. they are not slow when wound up.
good luck

brian

hi i have never owned a honda and found an honest accord vetec sport 52 plate with 76000 miles for £2250. i am not really into sporty cars but its a nice honest car so please any tips welcome.
it has low profile tyres but can i put on normal ones?
is there any obvious things to look for?
thanks james

Welcome to the forum pal.

you can fit the standard alloys and tyres instead of the 17" i assume you have at present.you could probably swap for these. cost wise ,there is not a major difference in price.i personaly like the 17" rims.
not a lot goes wrong with the vtec engine but regular oil changes are a must. if it has a service history all the better.
most honda's last well if looked after.

brian