Is a catch can a very good idea?

Car
1998 Chevy Tahoe
A few months ago I read one article stating that a catch can is a very good idea if one wants to keep a vehicle as long as possible...and then three more saying they're for racing, don't bother, et cetera. Anyone got solid thoughts on this? I have a '98 Tahoe, running well, no hurry to mod it without good reason. On the other hand, my usage of the words "good reason" is sometimes different than others :)

It adds weight, has another set of hoses that could possibly leak and fail. The only time I would use a catch can is on an engine with direct injection, as the oil particles that are vented into the air intake and cause carbon build up.

At low everyday RPMS and in hot engines it's not that much of an issue, at high RPM you get much more oil vapour running around and this is partly why you need to top up the oil frequently.

Thanks, both of you, that helps a lot. I don't think Bertha ever runs over 3000 RPM, she loses approximately zero oil, and the oil cap is always extremely clean, so I think I'll leave that out!