Introductions & Questions

kiasta

Car
01 530i, 94 Celica
Hello everyone, I will be mostly posting about my 1994 Toyota Celica ST, my BMW I have no interest in modding. I'm actually contemplating whether to just go for the 5-speed GT instead, but hey I got the 94 celica with a good engine and tranny and the car actually runs, no knocking or squealing for only $500, so why not? All that it needs is a radiator and a fuel pump, a good tune-up and all the fluids to be changed.

Anyways, hello everyone I'm new to the modding scene and I will be making my celica into a project car now that I have the means so hopefully I can find some useful sources here :). I have no idea where to start, I know that the entire exterior needs to be replaced as does the interior, all the electrical works surprisingly but I have an ant problem so I just want to rip everything out and replace it all. The previous owner was obsessed with bondo apparently and I am not at all a fan.

Since I must post here I'll just dive into some questions, if anyone is familiar with the celicas, is the 2.2L GT engine bolt on or will I need to make some modifications? I know that I want to at least have the better engine as well as a manual tranny. Price is not much of a problem and I really am only doing this vehicle as a learning experience, no point in jumping into something expensive right off the bat.

Another thing is I have 0 mechanical experience, the only things I've ever done was change a battery, distributor cap and distributor rotor (on a 97 jeep wrangler) and that's really it. I have no idea what I'm doing but I'll learn as I go. My roommate used to work for toyota as a mechanic so if I need his help he's just a hollar away.

Any suggestions for a beginner? Any books I should read, sources and whatnot? My goal is fairly realistic I really just want to learn how to do everything, install turbos, intercoolers, properly tune the engine, etc. Then when 2014 comes along I'm going to import an 89 skyline r32 and have a lot of fun using what experience I've learned tuning my dream car. Actually the r34 is what I really want, but that's still years away :(

Nice to meet y'all!

Re: Introductions

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend :)

Please feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspiration towards your own very special project!

Good luck to you & enjoy the forum! :)

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

Not sure if the engine is a bolt on, I would imagine you'd need the gearbox and wiring loom from the donor car.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back