Interesting talk on a U.S lotus forum

Only they could do that! A bit worrying seeing the pistol grip being so close to the handbrake lever! Why have a gun in a Lotus, surely quick and agile enough to avoid confrontation. What I never enjoyed about driving across the states was being behind a pick-up truck with a gunrack on full view through the cab rear window.

People here are so scared because it seems like all the criminals have guns. Even if the nicest thing you own is a 1989 ford ranger, someone may want to steal it, so....

Don't be nervous driving through America. Having a weapon on you is like having the police on speed dial on your phone:
You can pull it out and stop the bad guys if you need to. but just because you have it doesn't mean you'll call them everytime someone bats an eye at you.

"I carry a gun because when seconds count, police are only minutes away."

Plus, people with gunracks are usually either hunters, or showoffs. They never really plan on using those weapons. Especially on people.

Heck, A gun is like a sports car in some circles-compensation. hehe :p

Yeah, someone tried shooting me 2 years ago when I was in a car in Costa Rica, luckily no one was hurt except the dick who we more or less ran over to get away, but believe me I spent sometime afterwards trying to get a gun to protect myself, family and property, but time passed and time healed now I am back in Blighty everything is cool.

People here are so scared because it seems like all the criminals have guns. Even if the nicest thing you own is a 1989 ford ranger, someone may want to steal it, so....

Don't be nervous driving through America. Having a weapon on you is like having the police on speed dial on your phone:
You can pull it out and stop the bad guys if you need to. but just because you have it doesn't mean you'll call them everytime someone bats an eye at you.

"I carry a gun because when seconds count, police are only minutes away."

Plus, people with gunracks are usually either hunters, or showoffs. They never really plan on using those weapons. Especially on people.

Heck, A gun is like a sports car in some circles-compensation. hehe :p

I'm not nervous just aware of what could happen. But I get what you say about people carrying to show off :bigsmile: I love spending time in the big Bass Pro shops and seeing allsorts in there, stuff and people! Biggest surprise for me the first time over there was seeing guns, crossbows and knives for sale in Walmart................odd :amazed: