intercooler pipe leaking

minx23

Tuner
Car
mondeo zetec s tdci
Right guys, after 7 long years of trying to keep my mk2 mondeo on the road ive finally given up and bought a mk3 tdci 2ltr.
the only problem it has is that its losing power and everytime I put my foot to the floor it sounds like one of them boy racer cars when they change gear and it makes that hissing noise!! Its doing it everytime I put my foot down, im guessing its the intercooler pipe thats split! Is this an easy fix or have I dropped a clanger in buying a car with this noise?
Cheers in advance :)

IF its a split pipe replace it with an ally or SS hardpipe .
Due to heat and time rubber hoses deteriorate.

Noticed yesterday that the air intake pipe was split so I replaced that, still not found where the hissing is coming from, think im guna have to take it to a garage coz its a bit difficult looking for it on my own with no ramps, just hope they dont try and rob me stupid if it is just a split pipe!!

Does it have a blow off valve as it may be leaking if it doesn't have the required spring pressure to keep it closed or it may be worn out and needs replacing with a new/better BOV
Check if BOV hoses are connected and or not split.

Im not totally sure what it is, (im a woman) but all I do know is when you put your foot down theres no power, it just gradually gets faster, but all the time you have your foot on the accelerator there is a hissing noise continuously until you take you foot off and then it stops. Its defo losing boost somewhere on the passenger side coz ya can hardly hear it on the drivers side ( can only hear it with windows down) where i would usually go in the faster lane, im having to stay in the slower lane! Nephew had a look yesterday and said its defo losing boost somewhere.

Right guys, I found the split pipe, it had a splot in about 3 inch long! Got a new pipe and put it on tonight!! Didnt even break a nail :) so..... now my car feels like a rocket compared to how it was, but when I spoke to someone about the intercooler pipe they asked if it was smoking out the back and I can honestly say it wasnt!! Now... the pipe is sorted and took it for a spin and theres smoke coming out the back now!!! Could this simply be because it had that split and its just crap coming out now its fixed or do ya think its coz of something else!! The car drives like a dream its just the smoke now!!!!

Right guys, I found the split pipe, it had a splot in about 3 inch long! Got a new pipe and put it on tonight!! Didnt even break a nail :) so..... now my car feels like a rocket compared to how it was, but when I spoke to someone about the intercooler pipe they asked if it was smoking out the back and I can honestly say it wasnt!! Now... the pipe is sorted and took it for a spin and theres smoke coming out the back now!!! Could this simply be because it had that split and its just crap coming out now its fixed or do ya think its coz of something else!! The car drives like a dream its just the smoke now!!!!

Good on ya!,its good to see a woman who will get spanners out,my mrs once changed the rocker cover gaskets on our v6 granada we used to have!!, Not sure what the smoke is!,is it a blue collour ,or black/brown,it may be crap coming out,it may clear when the engine gets hot

Aye - if the turbo hadn't been boosting properly there would have been crap in there.

If you are worried try some innotec turbo cleaner but tbh all those 90s turbo diesels smoke a bit. (I know, I have one.:cheesy: )

What has lessened the smoke on my 2004 Focus tdci is putting 200ml of MINERAL 2-stroke oil in at every tank fillup.

Oh, and get a remap...