Integra Type R

AD08

Wrench Pro
Car
Civic 1.6SE 02
I've been doin some research into the next car i want to get and im keen on the Integra Type R 02>. I was planning a load of mods for my civic but then i thought it might be a better idea to concentrate on saving for my next motor. Has anyone got any usful info on integra type r's pros-cons.
Or am i aiming to high? By the time iv got the money for 1 ill be 19 and the insurance is probably still goin to cost a bomb. Is there any other cars you'd recomend (preferably honda :p).

Why not start out with the DC1 Integra This is a very credible car and should be cheaper to insure than the DC2. The DC2 looks fantastic.

I think your decision to hold off is a good one because the cost of modding a car would be better spend on the Type R which is a much better tuning base.

Concentrate on getting some No Claims Bonus in the meantime.

the >02 plate is it not the DC5 ?
this is only avalible as an import so insurance will be a bit higher couple this with the fact at most your going to have 2 NCB (if you started your insurance from 17).
Go for the older integra, can buy them over her no problem, power is less than the new version so better for insurance

Just to let you know, the Type R DC2 is group 18 insurance. I have 8 years no claims and i'm 40. Mines X reg (2000) plate and kept garaged overnight with cat 1 alarm and i pay £289 a year.
I would say its worth getting one as they are getting scarce and will soon be a collectors car.

more than car insurance.
Protected no claims
breakdown cover
legal assistance
travel accident plan.

Found them on go compare.:p

lol. its is that! av always wanted one man just love the look of them eh. ma sisters boyfreind had one a few years bk and i loved the thing lol so i saved up a lookd around and got a good one!

The DC2 was made from 1994 until 2001. However, this excludes 1999. The JDM spec used the B18C5 engine. The same engine used in the UK Type R. Personally I prefer the newer DC5s to the DC2s. I think they look better and they have the newer K series engines meaning they produce more power.

The DC2 was made from 1994 until 2001. However, this excludes 1999. The JDM spec used the B18C5 engine. The same engine used in the UK Type R. Personally I prefer the newer DC5s to the DC2s. I think they look better and they have the newer K series engines meaning they produce more power.
yeah, 220 bhp standard if im not mistaking

do they use the same engiene in the s2000 prince???
how do they get 240 bhp out of 1 of them??? or is it totaly different

VTECS ARE MENTAL TOYS:cheesy:

i have lol
its the wrong time of year for it tho they are bad in this weather
unfortunatly i have to live with that too,
this goes for everyone

take it handy this time of year fellas, summer nights are not that far away
3 months of the year wont kill ya, or will it???
dont be stupid, and your car can do with a break anyway

be carefull out there:blink1:

yeah, 220 bhp standard if im not mistaking

do they use the same engiene in the s2000 prince???
how do they get 240 bhp out of 1 of them??? or is it totaly different

VTECS ARE MENTAL TOYS:cheesy:

Yeah 220bhp is correct. The S2000 uses an F series engine. They get 240 bhp out of them because they are Honda! Enough said. :lol:

So was there a DC3 or 4 ever made?

The DC2 is sometimes (although rarely) referred to as the DC4. I'm not too sure when this applies though. As for a DC3... there was never one made. As far as I can tell this is because the DC2 was also the DC4, so if the newer one was called the DC3, then it would be going backwards.

Wow. I was about to post the same question. Im gunna do exactly the same thing, i was gunna convert my civic D14A4 to a B16. I think im just gunna go the same way as you with the integra type r. Same im 18 as well though im paying 2700K on my insuranse as it is, becuase of my bodykit and lambo doors etc. (i would post a pic but its not letting me) I was wondering what kind of mods engine wise are sensible for these the integra type r, it seems not a turbo, or thats what iv read on here, and the engine already has high compression balanced interals i believe, is there much else you could do to it to see good gains? Im not keen on the 1997 models onwards the lights remind me alot of the old celica supra's lol.

Turbo's Tegs and S2000's are iffy as their compression is so high.

S2000 F20C you're talking 11:1 for a UK spec or 11.7:1 for Jap Import.

DC5 K20A2 it's something like 11.5:1.

I've seen a few boosted Teg's though, think most boast rebuilt internals like lower compression pistons that create less heat.

Naturally aspirated engines love high compression, turbo's love low compression, but saying that turbo's will create more power with higher compression so it is a balancing act between power and reliability.

I'm sure I've seen a couple magazine features on 450-600bhp DC2 Integra's, street legal too!

I'll have to find them and post the engine specs. Pretty sure both of them are turbo'd.