Insurance premiums

PugD

Wrench Pro
Car
Peugeot 206 2.0 Gti
Hi all,

I imagine you get kind of tired talking about insurance but i could do with some advice if possible.

I currently drive a 1995 fiesta zetec 1.25, i'm a named driver on my mothers policy for the car and i pay the insurance which is about £1500-fully comprehensive. My year of being a named driver with no claims ends on February 27th but i couldn't wait to buy my 206 Gti :blink:

I want to know if possible who are the cheapest insurance companies around, is it really Adrian Flux?

And what could i possibly be charged for changing my policy to a more powerful car a month before the original policy on the fiesta runs out?

I've had a couple of quotes on comparison sites of around £2000.

Sorry for being a pest guys ;)

Firstly does the policy allow you to drive the car as the main driver? I know some companies frown upon this and will invalid the insurance if they find out you are the main driver and not your mother. Also I think you are somewhat optimistic buying such a car before checking the policy costs and its T&Cs! £2k seems cheap, but as per my first paragraph is this legal? For someone of your age, with such a car and a years driving it should be nearer £6k I reckon if someone would insure you that is! I would doublecheck the policy if I were you to ensure you are legally entitled to drive this as the main driver, I thought insurers had put a stop to this practice?

As for the cheapest, no such thing from my point of view! All gone up since last year due to the whiplash claims going on. Shop around and take your time, don't rush the change before the 1st year NCB is valid.

What you're currently doing is illegal. Insurance firms call it fronting and if found out you would receive no payout and possibly be charged. To stop this kind of thing some companies now quote for the highest risk party only.

I would start your own policy when you have 1 years NCB and put your Mum on the policy with you as a second driver. You could be charged a stupid amount to switch the insurance, and that's assuming they will allow you to! When I was 19, I wasn't allowed to swap my cover from a Corsa to a Civic.

I would call Adrian Flux (15% off to all TorqueCars members) and Sky Insurance. I'm insured with Sky.

Well the cheapest insurance i can find with everything kosher is £3.5k so it's gonna be an expensive first year on my own policy.

I'm 23 and that is with 5000 miles a year. And unfortunately Waynne i can't keep it garaged when it's not in use as we had it converted.

I'm 23 and that is with 5000 miles a year. And unfortunately Waynne i can't keep it garaged when it's not in use as we had it converted.

23 and your insurance is that high on a 206 GTi? Jesus! My insurance is £1200 for a supercharged BMW (with Sky).