Insurance costs for a modified car

corsabalex

Wrench Pro
Car
corsab need newcar!
if i add an induction kit and lowering springs to my car how much can i expect my insurance to go up? and consequences of not telling them?
also does taking the rear seats out mean i have to notify my insurers?
thanks

Re: Car Insurance for modified cars - tips and a guide

depends completly on the insurer.
dont think the seats will effect it but tell them anyway.

consequences of not tellimg them, best casethey never find out and you get away with maybe saving a couple of hundred pound. worst case you hit someone insurers come have a look at the car, invalidate your insurance and your left to pay aload of hefty bills

Just added a stick chrome strip to my crease line around the pt plus a few led's on the front, M&S insurance want to bump up my policy by £100 because of this! Think I'll be renewing with someone different next time.
Also beware the robbin' ba****ds at post office insurance, not only did they fail to inform me about a direct debit failing to go out (£200 quid fine, 6 points plus £120 to get my car out of the pound) but also still owe me £100 for the last policy I had, apparently it's because they cannot find the surrendered policies for my last TWO cars.

Yeah, I hate insurers. I'm with Bell with the new car.

Initial quote £500, but I forgot about claiming for a windscreen repair (some minor damage caused by little pieces of gravel on a motorway) 2 years ago.

Swines added another £160 - although I think that's still the cheapest by a fair bit with that taken into account (beats the quotes from Adrian Flux even without adding that).

Just renewed mine.
renewal - £531 , was paying £450 last year
compare the market gave me a decent quote with bell £414 with no claims no protected so phoned them up turned out the claim hadnt been put through to them. Now i was sleeping when the car was hit and the company admited liablity - just under £300 added to the price went up to £705

spend another few hours going round before getting it down to £474 for 9k, 4years protected NCB, SDC + buisness class 1 and the 1 non fault claim. payed the price then got an email from the broker saying to fill out the form as there was £50 cash back for the policy BONUS !!!!!!!

im looking at £1400 1.2 Clio mk1 1995 WITH NO MODS

yeah not bad seeing as your a new driver. is that as a learner or just passed ? expect it to go up after you pass if thats you as a learner

just hope you all never have to go through what i just did. went to get insurance quotes for my burban and they kept telling me my license didn't excist. turns out that my home state had a system crash about 4 years ago and were just validating any license status requests they got. just recently decided to stop doing that. now the insurers won't credit the past six years of my driving with no accidents (except the company ive been with) and want to treat me like a new driver. difference of about $1500 for a 6 month policy.

Ouch nice.

one of the guys that helps out at the cadets just moved house. unfortunatly he lost his licence and needed it for a military driving license phone up the DVLA and they told him he didnt have a license and been told he'll need to resit his test.

just hope you all never have to go through what i just did. went to get insurance quotes for my burban and they kept telling me my license didn't excist. turns out that my home state had a system crash about 4 years ago and were just validating any license status requests they got. just recently decided to stop doing that. now the insurers won't credit the past six years of my driving with no accidents (except the company ive been with) and want to treat me like a new driver. difference of about $1500 for a 6 month policy.
Thats really bad. What did you do then?

£125 with no need to declare anything, just proof required of modifications should I need to make a claim for loss.
Mind you, we do pay a large premium annually to cover our trade policy so although my own car is cheap, i'm still forking out a fortune for the possibilities of what may happen elsewhere.