installing hks air filter

allsystems

Wrench Pro
Car
civic 1.6 ivtec 200
Hi so pics attatched ,can you help tell me where does this air filter go,I have got a jubilee clip and also is it better to have the induction pipes and why?will i see power from air filter alone,its hks mushroom shape,looks good

Attachments

• 20090101_002.jpg
    20090101_002.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20090101_003.jpg
    20090101_003.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20090101_006.jpg
    20090101_006.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 4
with an external filter like that - you need to replace the airbox with pipping, if you just put the filter on the end of the tube going into the airbox, it isn't going to make any difference

Which bit is the airbox and is it the induction piping link I have given?Basically I just need to know all the parts I need,dont want to spend too much thp,is this a diy job? Also how much bhp do you think il gain?

I dont need that filter though do I,just the pipe and which bit is the airbox that I need to change to tubing,I really dont want to pay someone to do it for me

In red should be the air box (can take it off with the silver clips you can see)

The Yellow is the feed into the airbox (pip comes down to the left)

Remove the feed, and where the Pink pipe is, that what you need to measure and buy.

And the Green is your new air filter :D

Attachments

• 20090101_002.jpg
    20090101_002.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 7
In red should be the air box (can take it off with the silver clips you can see)

The Yellow is the feed into the airbox (pip comes down to the left)

Remove the feed, and where the Pink pipe is, that what you need to measure and buy.

And the Green is your new air filter :D

Sorted Il get onto this asap

When you undo the silver looking clips you should find a pannel filter below. If you don't then ITS NOT THE AIR FILTER, I have never worked on a Civic (although I will when I go home as I have one now, kind of :confused:)

It just looks right to me. Go and check now, undoo the silver clips and see if there is a pannel filter there. Then you can crack on! :blink1:

yep defo will do but itl take a few days,il have to measure everything then order the pipe off ebay and then wait for that to arrive and i need a MAF adaptor i think although i dont know what it does

yep defo will do but itl take a few days,il have to measure everything then order the pipe off ebay and then wait for that to arrive and i need a MAF adaptor i think although i dont know what it does

all depends where your MAF is located

with yours being a 1.6 i believe it will be underneath the airbox, so you won't need an adaptor...

Are these any electric wires going into a small box type adaptor on your feed coming out of the airbox

yeh thats what my mate said but someone on here said that that wont make any difference in performance,thats why i goto take the airbox out and make that piping,i might aswell cuz the hks filter isnt cheap so i wana make sure i get the most benefit for it,if it has the induction pipe should defo improve performance,more free air flowing etc

that's correct, all that would happen is it would make a bit more noise.

That airbox is very restrictive, and if you want a bit more performance, best get rid of it all together

what il do is il take ecverything apart tommorow and measure everything and take pictures and post them here so you guys can give some guidance,if its best il take out the airbox totally i dont mind,i just want more power