Induction

KJD

Car
2002 Civic coupe
Currently looking for an intake for my EM2 as i still have standard airbox. Just wondering what i'm best off going for to give a little more roar to the tec.
Engine is the D17 A9.
Been looking at an AEM short Ram on Funkypower.com but not sure. Any advice?

if its just the sound you want?, drill the lower part of the airbox out with 10mm holes in a neat pattern and while you're at it fire a cold air intake tube from the front grill to the holes in the box.

It will do nothing for power but will give you that satisfying 'roar' as the revs increase LOL

Its not just the sound, wanting a little power gain, although i know they dont give me a drastic increase i want the best possible option. The sound is a definate bonus though. :p

The AEM short ram should be fine - just remember to get a cold air feed to it (if it doesn't include one - its the under bonnet temperatures that rob you of power!)

KJD, removing the resonator from your airbox will result in a louder growl, particularly when VTEC kicks in.

It's pretty much there to dampen the sound the intake makes by rerouting the air. Quite a simple job and will save a buttload of weight too.

Best to look for a guide to follow though if you're unsure about removing vacuum hoses and things.

I think K&N have picture guides on their website as it's necessary when fitting some of their induction kits.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back