Induction Kits

johnnairn

Wrench Pro
Car
A3 1.8T Quattro
I'm looking to put an induction kit in my car, just wondering if anyone had any suggestions/experiences with any of the makes that are out there, and their good/bad points. Cheers, John

having a quattro, id search the big names like k&n
make sure you have a good size filter too

welcome to the forum

Went with the polished K&N typhoon and really enjoying it :) can hear the turbo whine much louder and the release from the turbo when I lift off, well thats what I think it is! Will post some pictures at some point, list of mods that I want to do, order depends on money flow and time though!

I've just bought and fitted the hks rs kit for 2008 Swift and it's added 15bhp so I would recommend hks. With yours you should get more. It cost me £300

proof please. i find this VERY hard to believe from a 1.5.

done a quick bit of digging the 1.5 swift is 100bhp so your saying that its added 15%. sorry but i think your reading the manufactures gains, which they can easily manipulate the readings, rather than real life experience.

most your loooking at on the 1.8t is about 5 if your lucky

Last edited:
:blink:I will get proof and post it. This wasn't from manufacture's it was from a review I read. This kit is made for Swift. It's called hks racing suction kit. as I said I will post up proof.:D

thats not proof for me i would rather see dyno runs from your own car with standard airbox with a clean filter and then the hks kit on it.

15% is a huge gain from something that. and please dont say it was in max power as i remember reading induction kits giving 10% on a 1.2 corsa. yup gave the power but the difference was old filter against new one, bonnet open with the induction kit, and ice on the manifold

done some quick googling and found the civic kit is supposed to give 8-10bhp - real life dyno showed 3 at the wheels and a bigger flat spot.
and on a 370z average gain is 10-12 at the wheels with the biggest being 17

so sorry cant see how a engine with half the capacity and designed more towards economy could get that

Its also not about peak power, in the real world the Torque curve is what matters and this needs to start nice and low down.